BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 209 of 327 1 2 207 208 209 210 211 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

So Blue Devils are actually a new start up travel club based in C. Moriches. I have seen all the rest of LI teams at 2021, TG, YJ, Liberty, Elevate, etc...at various tournaments. What tournaments does this club play? Has this team played all the top 2021 teams from LI? Someone was on here claiming they are more competitive than all the other clubs, who have they played and what were the results? And have they played any of the Maryland teams?

Are you freakin serious? They are in 6th grade. Who CAres? just let everyone play you YJ loon. I am sure they aren't better than your elite blue team lol don't worry!!!

Seriously. Someone is very threatened by this new team/club. SMH

Center Moriches is a very good team. They have lost both times they played YJ 2021 but would likely beat any other 2021 Long Island club or town team.

Center Moriches (Blue Devils) is not a town team so please don't call it one. A third of the kids came from Eastport South Manor. That's like saying the Honey Badgers, Green Machine, Crossfire, etc. are town teams.

Actually the blue devils appear to be more of a club than a team, more like YJ, TG Liberty etc... Try outs, rosters, just like a regular summer travel team. All those other teams you mentioned are just loose teams put together to play off season tournaments, far from organized clubs. All the kids from green machine, crossfire, lady rebels.... play for various club teams. Big difference.

They have two team 2021, 2023. Wouldn't call that much of a difference.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone start a Team Elevate area so you don't have to go on another clubs site to ask or talk about our club? Thanks!

I am 99% sure cage sage did back when but no one ever cared much to post anything on it and it just drifted away.

Looking at some of their recent commitments is rather impressive ( Syracuse, UNC) just to mention a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone start a Team Elevate area so you don't have to go on another clubs site to ask or talk about our club? Thanks!

I am 99% sure cage sage did back when but no one ever cared much to post anything on it and it just drifted away.

Looking at some of their recent commitments is rather impressive ( Syracuse, UNC) just to mention a few.

This early commit trend is getting earlier and earlier just like the boys. For example, STEPS NJ 2017 team has 14 2017 commits already: Boston College, Cornell, Dartmouth (2), Stanford (3), UNC, Loyola, Vanderbilt, Michigan, Elon, Rutgers, and Colorado

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blue devils are made up of center moriches and esm players. 4 of the best players from esm left this year to play for yellow jackets(2) and top giuns (2)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blue devils are made up of center moriches and esm players. 4 of the best players from esm left this year to play for yellow jackets(2) and top giuns (2)

So its over already.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse and UNC are not that impressive, let's talk top 20 schools as impressive please! Most girls would get into those schools without lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse and UNC are not that impressive, let's talk top 20 schools as impressive please! Most girls would get into those schools without lax

Not UNC and particularly from out of state. Impressive could be either education or lax ranking, depends on your view. You also have to differentiate between DI and DIII as many DIII have superior education and cannot compare from a lax perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say these are pretty impressive..... (Brown, Dartmouth, Northwestern, Penn, Princeton). But I am sure you graduated from an Ivy League school as well.

Elevate 2017 Commitments
• Kate Kotowski - University of North Carolina
• Abbey Ngai - Boston College
• Kennedy Slater - Fairfield University
• Michelle Yu - Dartmouth College
• Megan Gordon - Northwestern University
• Olivia Smith - University of Pennsylvania
Elevate 2016 Commitments
• Hailey Bengston - Syracuse University
• Emma DeGennarro - Brown University
• Irena DeSimone - High Point University
• Brooke McDaid - University of Massachusetts
• Taylor Moreno - University of North Carolina
• Katie Reilly - Princeton University
• Michele Smith - University of New Hampshire

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say these are pretty impressive..... (Brown, Dartmouth, Northwestern, Penn, Princeton). But I am sure you graduated from an Ivy League school as well.

Elevate 2017 Commitments
Elevate 2016 Commitments
the amount of girls from STEPS 2017s and the quality of the schools in the post above blows this away. Straight off of their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe we want to stay on this thread just to get under your skin. Clearly we have done so. Any sign of competition to the almighty yellow jackets gets you "buzzing".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep 18% of out of state applicants admitted, I'm sure "most" would get in without Lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC $45,000
Syracuse $59,000
Better have some good grades and SAT scores to tap into that HUGE bucket of scholarship money. You can keep the $6,000 athletic award, [lacrosse] I have been paying almost $5,000 a year for my daughters club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate 2017 Commitments
Elevate 2016 Commitments
the amount of girls from STEPS 2017s and the quality of the schools in the post above blows this away. Straight off of their website.
Who cares about STEPS. Were talking long island your a real Psycho.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate 2017 Commitments
Elevate 2016 Commitments

It's petty on my part, but I couldn't help laughing. Alphabetical except for Dave's daughter ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some of those girls aren't playing lax in college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry agree with poster. Dave should step back out of lacrosse. He uses people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you ELEVATE people get off our forum and create your own. this is not an ELEVATE thread,this has become quiet annoying now. It's very easy to create a thread. Register and click create topic and boom Thread created. a 2nd grader can figure that out. Bye Now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed doesn't mean playing. The club websites are rarely updated with girls that stopped playing. Not a huge deal but the clubs list where every girl goes to college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you ELEVATE people get off our forum and create your own. this is not an ELEVATE thread,this has become quiet annoying now. It's very easy to create a thread. Register and click create topic and boom Thread created. a 2nd grader can figure that out. Bye Now!

A 2nd grader also knows the difference between QUIET and QUITE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm interested in information on the Hornets for my daughter . However , the information is outdated on the home page , I emailed the contact info on it, and have received no response.

Does anyone know when 2015 sign ups are? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are Team Elevate playing in this summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate 2017 Commitments
Elevate 2016 Commitments

Congradulations girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boo Hoo.. Go find your own thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says the person whose club is so irrelevant that they don't even have their own thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm interested in information on the Hornets for my daughter . However , the information is outdated on the home page , I emailed the contact info on it, and have received no response.

The best information you can find is to save your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate must be a very strong team. It looks as if a girl from the 2021 3rd team at YJ just made the top team at Elevate. Have fun with her Dad .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate 2017 Commitments
Elevate 2016 Commitments

Congradulations girls

Please tell me that you are not the same person from Team Elevate who pointed out the difference between quite and quiet? If so, you really should brush up on your own spelling before you do! It is Congratulations! not Congradulations! Clasic stuff!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate must be a very strong team. It looks as if a girl from the 2021 3rd team at YJ just made the top team at Elevate. Have fun with her Dad .

Why, what position does her dad play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I'm interested in information on the Hornets for my daughter . However , the information is outdated on the home page , I emailed the contact info on it, and have received no response.

The best information you can find is to save your money

They played 2 25 minute games, Nassau and Suffolk where split into 2 teams. There was approx 40 girls. U can do the math on playing time. I will say the practices were good, to many girls though on the suffolk side. Save ur money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate 2017 Commitments
Elevate 2016 Commitments

Congradulations girls

Very impressive list, good luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you say that ? Curious .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Politics ....... The parent must have used his connections to get his daughter there. The girls are not dumb if the team is any good she will be exposed.
Again this is the world we live in , Don't make your kid earn it by working hard and going to the wall and going to sprint on their own. Hey make the call for your kid.....
Think about it 3rd team at one program to first at another REALLY...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Politics ....... The parent must have used his connections to get his daughter there. The girls are not dumb if the team is any good she will be exposed.
Again this is the world we live in , Don't make your kid earn it by working hard and going to the wall and going to sprint on their own. Hey make the call for your kid.....

So what do you say when the kid goes from 2nd team at one program to 4th at YJ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love this response. I agree 100 percent . Some of these parents whose kids are on the top teams start to think they are entitled and deserving of a position meanwhile they are friends or family. I really pray for whomever you people are that want to get rid of the 3rd team players because they are peons kick your daughters [lacrosse] in lacrosse one day. Can't wait to see it and trust md it has been done and will be done. Your a bunch of arrogant animals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what do you say when the kid goes from 2nd team at one program to 4th at YJ??

Both will be at the weaker tournaments in the weaker divisions with weaker coaches so I would go with the YJ name. It definitely helps on tie breakers with college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just dropped 8th grade daughter off at BC for one day winter camp/clinic. It's her first event of this kind. There were kids from all over (YJ, TG, Skywalker, Mass teams etc.) Seems like an amazing way for the coaches to see the girls up close. I would say potentially better than a tournament. Would you guys agree or disagree? If your daughter ends up with a realistic and targeted group of schools, are camps/winter clinics the best way to go? Any advice from those that have gone through the process appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love this response. I agree 100 percent . Some of these parents whose kids are on the top teams start to think they are entitled and deserving of a position meanwhile they are friends or family. I really pray for whomever you people are that want to get rid of the 3rd team players because they are peons kick your daughters [lacrosse] in lacrosse one day. Can't wait to see it and trust md it has been done and will be done. Your a bunch of arrogant animals.

Great post!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just dropped 8th grade daughter off at BC for one day winter camp/clinic. It's her first event of this kind. There were kids from all over (YJ, TG, Skywalker, Mass teams etc.) Seems like an amazing way for the coaches to see the girls up close. I would say potentially better than a tournament. Would you guys agree or disagree? If your daughter ends up with a realistic and targeted group of schools, are camps/winter clinics the best way to go? Any advice from those that have gone through the process appreciated.

You are definitely on the right track...the key in my opinion, is recognizing the right "fit" for your daughter. So many variables here I won't list them, but yes identify those 5 or 6 schools and go to everything they sponsor, email them before you play at tournaments, keep them up to date on school ball..remember they can't contact you so that fact that you're not hearing anything back is not an indication of lack of interest.
Good luck..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty good bit of info bud, considering there are no rosters posted for either team. And the truth is no one cares about YJ 3rd team

Like Reply Quote
Page 209 of 327 1 2 207 208 209 210 211 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard