BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 25 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25
Re: Age Verification
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hold back = left back = not good enough the first time out of the box as far as being a complete student athlete package is concerned.

Be it athletically or academically, your left back isn't and or wasn't and most likely won't ever be good enough.

Be it in lax, in the classroom or in life. He will always need a helping had since he couldn't do it on his own. You did him no favors. You all just try to hit the reset button on a bad product that is your doing.

Sorry parents of left backs; you didn't do a good enough job the first time around.

You blew it. There aren't any more reset buttons after that

Losers.

Make sure you tell danowski next time you see him at the hub that he and the other top programs have gotten in wrong. Hopefully he doesn't knock your teeth out with his championship rings

Somehow you think because if it works and accomplices the goals, it makes it right. There is a right and wrong and usually the wrong is the easiest way. For our young people most people try to instill in them some values and morals. Fairplay is one of the many values most would like their children to learn. Do you actually think this is fairplay for our youth??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling it cheating is laughable. Grow a pair.

this is better than reading the Post. you can defend till the cows come home. holdbacks will always be perceived as having an unfair advantage. that is just the way it is. it may be a common practice but it will never be perceived as honest. no matter how much it's defended.

Ok so by your proclamation the national championship trophy should say cheaters when the likes of Duke, Unc, JHU, etc etc win?? You are a negative, depressed and bitter person. You sure spend a lot of energy on being negative and are a debbie downer.

wow. the national championship. it shouldn't say cheaters because the system allows for it but you use words like negative and depressed and bitter. I think looking in your mirror you might see some of those traits deep down. it doesn't take energy to call out how winning at all costs in the sports world has created monsters. just look at the pathetic domestic abusers, criminals and downright thugs the NFL is filled with. I know I know. it's all about winning. you wouldn't be so aggressively defensive if deep down you knew it's not all on the level and it just teachers our kids to jump on any bandwagon especially if the likes of Duke, UNC, JHU think it's all perfectly fine. I know. it's the way of the world. doesn't mean it's right. calm down and don't be so defensive. you're winning, aren't you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling it cheating is laughable. Grow a pair.

Couldn't agree more. You truly must be a registrar or at least have a full notebook on players birthdates to discuss the pger. First you blame us for having years older kids but sounds like ny and the rest of the lax world is catching on and all I envision is you trying to keep your name calling-head above the water and hope someone throws you a floatie. Waters rising too fast for you and all you got is bullying and name calling? But that's ok, I find it entertaining. If I was a nyer from a district that has a stupid late cutoff I would absolutely make the adjustment for my child to compete with same age kids. Ny is being left in the dust.

yeah but we got rid of you, didn't we

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold back = left back = not good enough the first time out of the box as far as being a complete student athlete package is concerned.

Be it athletically or academically, your left back isn't and or wasn't and most likely won't ever be good enough.

Be it in lax, in the classroom or in life. He will always need a helping had since he couldn't do it on his own. You did him no favors. You all just try to hit the reset button on a bad product that is your doing.

Sorry parents of left backs; you didn't do a good enough job the first time around.

Losers.

Make sure you tell danowski next time you see him at the hub that he and the other top programs have gotten in wrong. Hopefully he doesn't knock your teeth out with his championship rings

wow. championship rings. you're life must be made

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losers.

Somehow you think because if it works and accomplices the goals, it makes it right. There is a right and wrong and usually the wrong is the easiest way. For our young people most people try to instill in them some values and morals. Fairplay is one of the many values most would like their children to learn. Do you actually think this is fairplay for our youth??

it's not fair play. it's all about winning. so all these posters or two of them at least must be very satisfied. yet they sure don't sound it from their posts. winning without honor is not winning. old saying but true. I know I know. as long as you win all is well with the world. let me guess the conversation you have with your child. we have to leave you back. it's the only way to win. what else can you possibly say. I know I know. it's how the game is played even by Duke. I hope their children can see through that and one day grow their own pair. because theirs is no example.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First I have to say that Maryland is definitely considered the south, only they have a long history of being chicken s#!t because they were a southern slave state afraid to secede from the union. With that being said is it any wonder that they would be afraid to let there 13 year old play on a even field with our 13 year old? Of course not! they can't because there 13 year olds are either mentally or physically, unable to compete with our Long Island kids. Let them cheat the system again, remember its Maryland, Land of the hand out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losers.

Danowski can suck on my IVY Grad ring and My IVY bound son's as well when he graduates!

now get on your knees and get ready to service Danowski so he can notice your one in a million superstar stud holdback...hahhahahaha

(CAPS lock person is not me...laxtards)

Oh wow!! Did you learn how to be the trashy person that you sound like at that ivy school you brag about? I bet you just made them very proud of having YOU and a graduate!! Don't choke on your ring because that's about all you probably got from going there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI dads are the TOUGHEST MEN ON THE INTERNET. This thread is filled with TOTAL BURNS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losers.

Danowski can suck on my IVY Grad ring and My IVY bound son's as well when he graduates!

now get on your knees and get ready to service Danowski so he can notice your one in a million superstar stud holdback...hahhahahaha

Morons. I'm just using Duke as an example. Do you ivy douches really think this doesn't happen at cornell, penn. Princeton, etc? Check the rosters losers. Hold backs all over those rosters. You remember rob pannell right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losers.

Oh wow!! Did you learn how to be the trashy person that you sound like at that ivy school you brag about? I bet you just made them very proud of having YOU and a graduate!! Don't choke on your ring because that's about all you probably got from going there.

Yes...got the ring and the 7 figure plus salary that goes with it. They are very proud with the donations I give back to show my gratitude.

I was only stepping down to your trash level so that you may understand and relate better.

Who is this Dan guy you seem so obsessed with? Is he your deity or savior?

Have a nice evening.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the same holdback situation happening on the girls side?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losers.

Morons. I'm just using Duke as an example. Do you ivy douches really think this doesn't happen at cornell, penn. Princeton, etc? Check the rosters losers. Hold backs all over those rosters. You remember rob pannell right?
Pannell was never held back, He is a Smithtown (LI) grad that wasn't recruited out of high school. He did A P.G. year at Deerfield (I Think it was Deerfield) where he played against kids his age (other post grads). He most assuredly was not held back in the 8th grade so he could seem stronger or smarter than he actually was. He went through his H.S. career in his original grade, and when he wasn't recruited he did what he had to to secure a spot on a D1 roster like every other kid on L.I. , he worked hard for it. What he didn't do was act like so many sub-par Maryland players, cheat. The truth is your boys have to be a year older to compete with our kids because we're just better and you need some sort of handicap. So we'll spot you the year, but it still doesn't matter does it, you still can't beat us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the reason why pannell did a year of pg is because he had committed to Quinnipiac and they would not let him out of his commitment.so the only choice he had was go to pg for a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the reason why pannell did a year of pg is because he had committed to Quinnipiac and they would not let him out of his commitment.so the only choice he had was go to pg for a year.
I stand corrected, but he still didn't cheat like Marylanders'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losers.

Pannell was never held back, He is a Smithtown (LI) grad that wasn't recruited out of high school. He did A P.G. year at Deerfield (I Think it was Deerfield) where he played against kids his age (other post grads). He most assuredly was not held back in the 8th grade so he could seem stronger or smarter than he actually was. He went through his H.S. career in his original grade, and when he wasn't recruited he did what he had to to secure a spot on a D1 roster like every other kid on L.I. , he worked hard for it. What he didn't do was act like so many sub-par Maryland players, cheat. The truth is your boys have to be a year older to compete with our kids because we're just better and you need some sort of handicap. So we'll spot you the year, but it still doesn't matter does it, you still can't beat us.

Come down off your high horse. Maryland does not have the market cornered on cheating. Plenty of that going on right here on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come down off your high horse. Maryland does not have the market cornered on cheating. Plenty of that going on right here on Long Island.

Where is "plenty"? I only know Of a 2017 that is actually a 2016

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't let him out of a commitment? That's absolutely absurd. There is no binding of a decision to honor a commitment on the student aspect of this scenario

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't let him out of a commitment? That's absolutely absurd. There is no binding of a decision to honor a commitment on the student aspect of this scenario

You people just post whatever you want on here without facts. Like the guy saying Pannell was not recruited out of HS. He was. He committed to Qunnipiac. Heh ad a really good year and was noticed by other better D1 schools. Since he was committed to the Q he did not apply to any other schools.

Therefore he could not go to the other schools because it was too late - he missed their admissions process. He then did a PG year at Deerfield so he could apply to Cornell.

A similar thing happened with Chaminade player Rick Mole. He was committed to a D3 school and had a great senior year. He ended up taking a year off and re-applied to Harvard the next year and played there for 4 years. The only difference is he did not do a PG year - he just took a year off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People. There is a monstrous difference between a "HOLDBACK" and a kid who decides to do a PG year.

As along as a kid plays in his HS grad year division in youth & HS and then does a PG year, no harm done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, then you are not up to date on your players.
Turtle/ syosett kid
Terp/ Bronxville kid
Turtle or Terp/ Chaminade kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if a LI kid repeats a year, it's ok. But if anyone else does it, it's cheating.

God, you guys are delusional as you are uneducated. STRONG ISLAND!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, then you are not up to date on your players.
Turtle/ syosett kid
Terp/ Bronxville kid
Turtle or Terp/ Chaminade kid

Turtle/ SE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if a LI kid repeats a year, it's ok. But if anyone else does it, it's cheating.

No when you go through you entire school career in your original class, and you don't get left back a year to gain an advantage, either because your not as smart, or as good as the competition, and you take an extra year for any reason your not cheating. You fools down in Maryland just simply can not compete with the kids from STRONG ISLAND without getting a "do over" in the 8th grade because your not as good even with the 3 afore mentioned kids from STRONG ISLAND, up here it's a black mark if you have to repeat a grade, you idiots wear it as a badge of honor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets let the numbers do the taking. From Long Island alone, only Nassau and Suffolk county, there are about 106 D1 commits. From the entire state of Maryland only about 90

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No when you go through you entire school career in your original class, and you don't get left back a year to gain an advantage, either because your not as smart, or as good as the competition, and you take an extra year for any reason your not cheating. You fools down in Maryland just simply can not compete with the kids from STRONG ISLAND without getting a "do over" in the 8th grade because your not as good even with the 3 afore mentioned kids from STRONG ISLAND, up here it's a black mark if you have to repeat a grade, you idiots wear it as a badge of honor

Maryland is out of control with their young holdbacks. They changed all club teams to grade base this year from age to accommodate the explosion of holdbacks in MD. Go Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland is out of control with their young holdbacks. They changed all club teams to grade base this year from age to accommodate the explosion of holdbacks in MD. Go Maryland

Wimps and Quitters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets let the numbers do the taking. From Long Island alone, only Nassau and Suffolk county, there are about 106 D1 commits. From the entire state of Maryland only about 90

Add the D1 commits from Westchester, Albany region and of course, Western NY and the number must be truly impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only lacrosse parents seem to have this kind of time. The video would be a lot funnier if it weren't so close to reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you complain about the kids who repeated years on the football, hockey and basketball teams from the JUCO you attended?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Add the D1 commits from Westchester, Albany region and of course, Western NY and the number must be truly impressive.
179 all info from lax power 2015 data base

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You failed to recognize/adjust for the fact that Long Island has a population density of 5402 people per square mile while Maryland has 550 people per square mile so Long Island should have more D1 recruits given their more concentrated population to draw from. Comparing apples to oranges and if one were to take the time to do the adjusted math, Maryland would more than likely exceed the number of D1 recruits of Long Island based on the number of kids playing. This discussion has taken place countless times on these forums-stop trying to stir the pot and recognize both regions have talented players. It is not an us vs them - those kids that go on to play in college, will all play together so stop trying to pit them against one another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You failed to recognize/adjust for the fact that Long Island has a population density of 5402 people per square mile while Maryland has 550 people per square mile so Long Island should have more D1 recruits given their more concentrated population to draw from. Comparing apples to oranges and if one were to take the time to do the adjusted math, Maryland would more than likely exceed the number of D1 recruits of Long Island based on the number of kids playing. This discussion has taken place countless times on these forums-stop trying to stir the pot and recognize both regions have talented players. It is not an us vs them - those kids that go on to play in college, will all play together so stop trying to pit them against one another.
Nassau county pop. 1,352,146
suffolk county pop. 1,499,738
grand total 2,824,884 according to census
Maryland population is 5,928,814 so as usual Marylanders making up or distorting facts to support cheating. Hopefully Your sons have more integrity than there parents. We will tell our sons not to make fun of your kids for being left back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and you, my finely unqualified statistician, have failed to realize that long island proper includes Brooklyn and queens counties which is a total of 7.75 million citizens.

subtract the population of the only two counties on long island that actually play lacrosse, they being Nassau and Suffolk; and we have only a combined population of 2.8 million.

Maryland on the other hand has 5.9 million citizens.

you guys close to DC just love that fuzzy math....now do the rest if you care and you will see that per capita, Strong Island produces the most D1 players and the least amount of age holdback cheaters.

thanks for trying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and you, my finely unqualified statistician, have failed to realize that long island proper includes Brooklyn and queens counties which is a total of 7.75 million citizens.

subtract the population of the only two counties on long island that actually play lacrosse, they being Nassau and Suffolk; and we have only a combined population of 2.8 million.

you guys close to DC just love that fuzzy math....now do the rest if you care and you will see that per capita, Strong Island produces the most D1 players and the least amount of age holdback cheaters.

thanks for trying

If we are going to exclude the non lacrosse playing counties, then Maryland still fares better with about 2.25 mil population(quoting your US Census) which again explain the SLIGHTLY higher D1 numbers for Long Island. If we take away Brooklyn and Queens, the same site you quote(THE US Census) notes that Nassau County pop density is 4,704 people per square mile and Suffolk 1,637 per square mile compared to Maryland at 590 per that same square mile. Statistics takes into account all variables not just the ones you like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thanks for trying

If we are going to exclude the non lacrosse playing counties, then Maryland still fares better with about 2.25 mil population(quoting your US Census) which again explain the SLIGHTLY higher D1 numbers for Long Island. If we take away Brooklyn and Queens, the same site you quote(THE US Census) notes that Nassau County pop density is 4,704 people per square mile and Suffolk 1,637 per square mile compared to Maryland at 590 per that same square mile. Statistics takes into account all variables not just the ones you like.
what doe population density have to do with it, so my neighbors are closer, of course they are we live on a frickin island you still have a larger population. you want to exclude areas that don't play well so can we. we have entire school districts that don't even have lacrosse teams so what. So please enlighten me, what variable is population density taking into account that total population does not in this argument. You must be one of the kids that got "re-classified" as a kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You idiots. Baltimore is part of Maryland. If you are going to cite the entire population of the state, realize that a large portion is in the counties surrounding DC, which is not considered Baltimore. If you want to cite the MD population, you need to include many of the DC kids who are end up playing D1 lacrosse.

Not sure which is bigger: your collective obsessions, or your collective stupidity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thanks for trying

]If we were to continue with your [lacrosse] logic, and adjust for population density per square mile, we would also have to adjust for total square miles. So Maryland as a whole is 9707.24 square miles. Nassau is 284.72 sq. mi. and suffolk is 912.05 sq. mi. for a total of 1,196.77 sq mi.. So, with an area 8x larger, and a population 2 million larger, you are still producing less players. could you imagine how many we could produce if we had 8x more land to play on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore is not the entire state of Maryland, genius.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have reached a new low....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore is not the entire state of Maryland, genius.

"Football and crab cakes! That is what Maryland does!"

Sorry, watched "Wedding Crashers" for the 100th time last night. Vince Vaughn is hilarious in that movie. At 6' 5" he looks like he is ready to suit up for a Maryland 9th grade team!

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 25 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard