BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 83 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point varsity needs size not 75lb little middle school girls who scammed their way through the maturity test. They will get steam rolled like they did last season against a good town program who legitimately has varsity players who are just that Varsity! , not middle school! Don't believe it look at their record from last season, they may have won the easy draws but when it was time to see how talent stacked up they weren't even near the ballpark , Facts are Facts stats are stats! Bad decision making eventually catches up when it's to late !

Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you even consider him a coach at all !

quote=Anonymous]
Lady Eagles Rocky point!
This year the whole team is being brought up to varsity , they will get their State Championship soon enough due to coach Sanchez ! And mind that DS had nothing to do with it .
rocky point will lose to
Happauge
BBP
ESM
Comsw
Sayville
Hunt
Very badly, weak team with or without DS.

DS is the varsity coach.
If Rocky point is counting on 7th graders they will not do well, no matter how good the parents think they are. It took the Ortega sisters 5 years to make a difference at middle country and they are 2 of the best, so the R.P. and Riverbed girls don't stand a chance

I agree, even the highly skilled and fastest 7th graders can't make a big impact at the varsity level, but the coaches insist on bringing them up. [/quote]

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like alot of young teams this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT TEAMS ARE GONNA COMPETE IN DIV 1
WHO WILL BE COUNTY CHAMPS !!!

Ward Melville

Stop... D1 (A Schools) will be Middle Country over WI. There won't be another team even close to those two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"To the last quote, you sound like an idiot. Your team got soundly beaten by a better team last year. To your own admission, Mt Sinai lost more impact players than did Bayport, and you think they feel they were just lucky to get by. And next year, I'm sure the coach and team will feel equally lucky just to get a rematch in the playoffs against the great Mt. Sinai?

I have no horses in the race, but you need a reality check."

I have no horse in this race either but if you think every team that played both teams last year did not consider the championship game a bit of an aberration than it is you who needs a reality check. By the way yes Mt. Sinai did lose more impact players yet the Bayport coach requested being seeded below Mount Sinai for the upcoming season, what does that tell you . You really are clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do people think the Division II rankings (top teams), will change much after this year.

D2 (B Schools and C Schools) is wide open this year.

B: Sayville, ESM, Huntington, WBab, Hauppauge

C: BBP, Mt. Sinai and SWR should be competitive.

There should be a changing of the guards after 2015 girls graduate. Lots of impact HS players from above teams are leaving in 2015..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For Suffolk, go online and look at the YJ and TG rosters for 2015-18, figure out which district has the most first and second team travel players (weight the first teamers more), throw in some extra points for first team blue chippers, and you will have your answer. Some of the best players are in districts with very little support from teammates, they will not compete. Simply the district with the most amount of higher end travel players will compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

connetquot

What makes you think Connetquot will even make the playoffs this year?

it was a joke. of course they won't. need a coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree - big changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For Suffolk, go online and look at the YJ and TG rosters for 2015-18, figure out which district has the most first and second team travel players (weight the first teamers more), throw in some extra points for first team blue chippers, and you will have your answer. Some of the best players are in districts with very little support from teammates, they will not compete. Simply the district with the most amount of higher end travel players will compete.

If this is true, how come Northport doesn't win every year since Northport girls are 100% YJ's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is true, how come Northport doesn't win every year since Northport girls are 100% YJ's?

Because very few Northport girls actually belong on the 1st YJ teams, they are only there because they live in Northport.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are all YJ but they are not the top players on their individual teams. They are good and well coached and play with a level of intimidation but ultimately they are not great and haven't been for a while. As well as NPT did last year, they were not a good team and they didn't win when CF was asked to carry the load herself the year before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not when the coaching is terrible and political influence affects the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because very few Northport girls actually belong on the 1st YJ teams, they are only there because they live in Northport.

Coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about this simple explanation for BBP and Mt Sinai

One team wanted it more!
One team had better coaching (he adjusted their gameplan and rotating of starters to give them a breather)
One coach ran his starters into the ground by not rotating them in and out for a short break occasionally, really stupid error.

Best of luck to both teams this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP will take it all!
Better team with support from parents.
Coach is loud but it works. Lots of success so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP will take it all!

Sounds like a formula for success. Me, personally, am taking the team with the most talent! We'll see if BBP is that team.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=Anonymous]BBP will take it all!

Sounds like a formula for success. Me, personally, am taking the team with the most talent! We'll see if BBP is that team. [/quote

"Support from parents." What does this even mean? Don't all parents support their team? I'm not from Mt. Sinai but they certainly support their team vigorously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With so much talk about the club scene from 2021 thru 2020 why not talk MS or JV lax. Over the years I have not seen much talk about the Jv scene let alone MS. You have situations like Riverhead and some others entertaining 7th graders as potential players.

if we spoke more of the JV scene we may have a better idea whoich teams would have a good group moving up.

Who were the better JV squads last year. WM WI BS NP MC. Seems like the same clubs as the past.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
JV is more social than lax. That's why no one talks about it. It's a way point on the way to HS ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With so much talk about the club scene from 2021 thru 2020 why not talk MS or JV lax. Over the years I have not seen much talk about the Jv scene let alone MS. You have situations like Riverhead and some others entertaining 7th graders as potential players.

if we spoke more of the JV scene we may have a better idea whoich teams would have a good group moving up.

Who were the better JV squads last year. WM WI BS NP MC. Seems like the same clubs as the past.

MS, everyone plays. Games are only competitive because after a four goal lead, the other team gets the ball. JV has no playoffs amd no OT. Teams that do well at these levels do not necessarily do well at the Varsity level, and vice versa.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

MS, everyone plays. Games are only competitive because after a four goal lead, the other team gets the ball. JV has no playoffs amd no OT. Teams that do well at these levels do not necessarily do well at the Varsity level, and vice versa.

Very true that a MS team is not predictive of the quality of a V team. Think about a large HS that has several MSs feeding into it; whatever talent is there is spread out on several teams until they reach HS. Or conversely, the small school that only has one MS; that team has all the talent in the district and can dominate a MS team from a large school -- but that doesn't translate to the HS level. MS games are not league play in the sense that small schools play small schools.

JV doesn't mean much in terms of predicting V either. You still have some girls who are there because their friends play. Your coaching can be questionable. Some girls may be pulled up to V at any point within the season, some girls may be pulled up to JV from MS. It's a mishmosh of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
JV is more social than lax. That's why no one talks about it. It's a way point on the way to HS ball.

I believe you and I debated this the past 2 years. Noting the same schools. We will agree to disagree but I doubt the JV squads of WM WI BS NP are as much social as they are a feeder for V. It is also hard to say that these four arnt always in the thick of things.

As much as you don't want to discount the JV's, what other Suffolk districts besides WM WI BS NP Smith's have had strong Jv's programs. I believe it will translate to the better V programs. Good JV does lead to good V.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe you and I debated this the past 2 years. Noting the same schools. We will agree to disagree but I doubt the JV squads of WM WI BS NP are as much social as they are a feeder for V. It is also hard to say that these four arnt always in the thick of things.

As much as you don't want to discount the JV's, what other Suffolk districts besides WM WI BS NP Smith's have had strong Jv's programs. I believe it will translate to the better V programs. Good JV does lead to good V.

Every district has its own philosophy on how to develope a program and its all about producing the strongest varsity team they can in the end. Some will bring up every player from JV and Middle school if it gives them an edge, some will never bring kids up. Point is that the middle school and JV team will be greatly impacted by what the philosophy is. You will see one program destroy another in the JV years only to have the tables turned by the time the same kids get to the varsity level. In essence, it then is not really worth talking about MS and JV, only varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every district has its own philosophy on how to develope a program and its all about producing the strongest varsity team they can in the end. Some will bring up every player from JV and Middle school if it gives them an edge, some will never bring kids up. Point is that the middle school and JV team will be greatly impacted by what the philosophy is. You will see one program destroy another in the JV years only to have the tables turned by the time the same kids get to the varsity level. In essence, it then is not really worth talking about MS and JV, only varsity.

you are going to tell me the jv and varsity games at the schools mentioned were not competitive wm wi bs np smiths have all been top schools. they also had top jv's, no? I understand when a town doesn't have the numbers it seems they must pull up and that dilutes the ms and jv squad but that hurts the district because they don't have the numbers and has to pull up.

Some how those programs seem to do it.

how is GC 'pequa fdale manhasett EI ESM Jv been. I think they do it as well, of course there will be the once in a run teams. but has history told us the programs with stronger prepared JV players will in turn be stronger V's. Why do we always over look the Jv's

I am all for the solid freshman to move up. But I also believe in if she can dominate at JV and get more playing time play there than varsity PLAY JV. If she is just taking a roster spot (a bench spot) let her play JV, let another (yes dare I say not as good player sr perhaps) take that bench spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the parent run booster clubs in the world can't change or fix our districts coaches or philosophy. It's a shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the parent run booster clubs in the world can't change or fix our districts coaches or philosophy. It's a shame

And what district is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will win D3? Who will deffenitly lose?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Towns with big youth programs have strong HS programs. Many kids aren't interested in playing summer club lacrosse in 2nd grade need to keep those boys and girls involved somehow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM

That is exactly the problem at ESM, too many parents trying to manipulate, twist, spin, cheat...... It is a bad environment from town level to club level to school ball. Look at the post above, parent upset because the parents can't kiss [lacrosse] and manipulate the school coach? What a sad statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM

That is exactly the problem at ESM, too many parents trying to manipulate, twist, spin, cheat...... It is a bad environment from town level to club level to school ball. Look at the post above, parent upset because the parents can't kiss [lacrosse] and manipulate the school coach? What a sad statement.

OK I can understand your manipulate,twist, spin comment. Please explain how a volunteer parent can cheat the Varsity program in ESM?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not just ESM, every school's booster club has a handful of parents with their lips firmly affixed to coaches asses looking for selfish access. And they have the conversations with the coaches just like the kids wearing their kids travel club logo wear, it's funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not just ESM, every school's booster club has a handful of parents with their lips firmly affixed to coaches asses looking for selfish access. And they have the conversations with the coaches just like the kids wearing their kids travel club logo wear, it's funny

We have it in our school district too. It's gross, parents with money getting extra attention for their daughters.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

We have it in our school district too. It's gross, parents with money getting extra attention for their daughters.

In our district, it's the dad with the camcorder who tapes all our games for the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In our district ir's the 2 moms who run the girls lax program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In our district, it's the dad with the camcorder who tapes all our games for the coach.

And don't you just love the emails starting with "We have been asked by the coaches to..." Everyone knows the coaches don't ask for anything. The emails are driven by over zealous parents usually with an agenda.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

And don't you just love the emails starting with "We have been asked by the coaches to..." Everyone knows the coaches don't ask for anything. The emails are driven by over zealous parents usually with an agenda.

YES! The parents who unilaterally decide when the pasta parties are and the like. Coach doesn't care, but those parents want the control and a reason to get in touch with the coach and let them know all they're doing. I've seen similar at the college level, truth be told. Politics are everywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES! The parents who unilaterally decide when the pasta parties are and the like. Coach doesn't care, but those parents want the control and a reason to get in touch with the coach and let them know all they're doing. I've seen similar at the college level, truth be told. Politics are everywhere.

Oh I see. Your the same people who would [lacrosse] and complain if parents didn't get involved. Without the involvement there would be no pasta parties or tailgate parties or clothing orders or trips. Damned if you do and damned if you don't it seems huh?
It's the parents who do nothing but watch and complain that is the problem!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a mom decide on the saying that was used on the attire-kids and coaches had no idea there was going to be a saying much less what it meant!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a mom decide on the saying that was used on the attire-kids and coaches had no idea there was going to be a saying much less what it meant!

Then you should have been involved instead of letting it happen then complain. At least she did something.

Page 43 of 83 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard