BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Cascade R helmets not certified
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'd like Cascade to publish their test data for the modified helmet. STX has published its data and it looks good. After all this trouble, Cascade should be transparent and let the world know its passing data. I'd like to be able to compare apples to apples with the new STX helmet.

just go out and buy the STX, it is obvious you want to, you can't compare Apple 2 Apples with different manufacturers, you could compare this as to McIntosh 2 Red Delicous... maybe!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a feeling the majority of sales in the future are going to be based on deals the manufacturers sign with clubs, rec depts, high schools and colleges. All major manufacturers now can offer the full suite of sticks pads and helmets. Maverik was already pushing its weight around once they had cascade. Now stx can do the same with the shutt. Warrior still needs to add some padding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got his back yesterday too. We have another one to send out. He tried on both the fixed and not fixed helmets yesterday. He said the feel is about the same but the fixed one may be a bit softer. He also said the fit did not change. He only put it on for about ten seconds. Who knows when he has it on for an entire game. I compared the old and new padding by eye and touch and it seemed to be about the same padding. I could not see or feel any difference. If there is a difference I did not see it.
Same here. Received by Cascade on Wednesday and back at the house today. Padding added and certification sticker attached. Amazing turnaround, although I suspect it might slow a bit as the wave of helmets hits them.

Did the added padding affect the fit at all? Where did they add it? We sent ours out Wed so Im hoping next week sometime although with Xmas probably not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same here. Received by Cascade on Wednesday and back at the house today. Padding added and certification sticker attached. Amazing turnaround, although I suspect it might slow a bit as the wave of helmets hits them.

Did the added padding affect the fit at all? Where did they add it? We sent ours out Wed so Im hoping next week sometime although with Xmas probably not.

The padding was added to the crown of the helmet. My son said his helmet still feels comfortable. Very please with Cascade's professional response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The padding was added to the crown of the helmet. My son said his helmet still feels comfortable. Very please with Cascade's professional response.

did they start shipping and or selling the approved helmets new yet?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you who have already received your R helmet back, did Cascade send an email letting you know they shipped it back to you or did the helmet just arrive?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you who have already received your R helmet back, did Cascade send an email letting you know they shipped it back to you or did the helmet just arrive?

The helmet just arrived. Why would an email be necessary? They gave us the tracking number when we registered for the refit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just arrives. No notification.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just Arrived

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never received an email from Cascade, but I did receive a notification from UPS that the helmet was shipped and was able to track it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No notification of the return. It showed up two days later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No email, just arrived.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just arrived.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Received email with tracking number for return.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Received email with tracking number for return.

My kids came back with a golden ticket to Wonkaland...Have a Merry and a Happy all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
make sure he doesnt eaat the gum that tastes like dinner! It doesnt end well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I received a tracking number from UPS. Terrific turn around time! I guess I'm a cascade loyalist once again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sent my helmet in the first day the shipping labels were issued had it back within a week. Great service and turn around!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never got a tracking number. Opened the door to get mail 3 days after I sent it in and the box was on my stoop. Couldn't not believe it was the helmet already. Fully was expecting the 2 weeks they stated. Great job Cascade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any idea where I can get a new face mask for my R Helmet? Cascade will not ship any parts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where you are but try Port Jeff Sports or Olympic Den.
Anyone have any idea where I can get a new face mask for my R Helmet? Cascade will not ship any parts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does the helmet have to do with a concussion? But, hey, why let physiology get in the way of a juicy lawsuit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got mine back today. I sent it without the chin strap and got it back with a new one. Strange, but welcome... I guess they would have deemed it unsafe without a chin strap, so I got a new one. The helmet fits as well as it did before I sent it back. Nice recovery Cascade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sight popped out a few days after the announcement, just pure crap. You really think that there were that many concussions by players using this helmet as opposed to any other helmet, you are dreaming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it doesn't matter how many concussions there have been if your son or daughter sustained one in this helmet before it was "fixed."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it doesn't matter how many concussions there have been if your son or daughter sustained one in this helmet before it was "fixed."

There will be concussions after the "fix". Helmets can do little to prevent concussions. It's simple physics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct, but these helmets pre-fix did not pass the NOCSAE standard, which is designed to prevent skull fractures. Certainly seems possible these helmets did less to prevent a concussion, than a certified helmet would have, if a player was hit on the top of the head where NOCSAE is now making Cascade add more foam to pass the certification standards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct, but these helmets pre-fix did not pass the NOCSAE standard, which is designed to prevent skull fractures. Certainly seems possible these helmets did less to prevent a concussion, than a certified helmet would have, if a player was hit on the top of the head where NOCSAE is now making Cascade add more foam to pass the certification standards.

The mechanism of injury for a skull fracture and a concussion are very different. It is possible to have one without the other in either case. Helmets are designed to prevent skull fractures, not concussions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You could also have both.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Sent in my son's R helmet from Ft. Lauderdale, FL on 15 December; it was received on the 19th and we received a UPS shipping notice today (12/26) that it is sked for delivery back to us on Monday, 5 January for a total of 3 weeks out-of-service for us.

Luckily for us, we got the R for him while there was still life left in his CPX-R...we will end up using the CPX-R for 3 tournaments, a 4-day goalie school and a Goalies VS Shooters clinic while his R is gone. Only real downside is that my son says he prefers the CPX-R to the R and I hope he's happy with switching back when it comes in. Both models have similar adjustments for sizing, but the CPX-R seems to have a bit more flex in pulling on/off while the R squeezes more on his head when putting it on/taking it off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by lando622

Sent in my son's R helmet from Ft. Lauderdale, FL on 15 December; it was received on the 19th and we received a UPS shipping notice today (12/26) that it is sked for delivery back to us on Monday, 5 January for a total of 3 weeks out-of-service for us.

Luckily for us, we got the R for him while there was still life left in his CPX-R...we will end up using the CPX-R for 3 tournaments, a 4-day goalie school and a Goalies VS Shooters clinic while his R is gone. Only real downside is that my son says he prefers the CPX-R to the R and I hope he's happy with switching back when it comes in. Both models have similar adjustments for sizing, but the CPX-R seems to have a bit more flex in pulling on/off while the R squeezes more on his head when putting it on/taking it off.

I think the big concern should be how much lacroase your kid is playing in December!! 😳. I would hate to see the July schedule.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think the big concern should be how much lacroase your kid is playing in December!! 😳. I would hate to see the July schedule.

Good one! I guess that does look a bit much, but this is the best part of the year weather-wise down here and some opportunities happened to dovetail just right to allow for extra participation. Most of our teams finish the summer schedule by early to mid-June and July/August are actually pretty wide open...it's uncomfortably hot/humid and a lot of kids are gone for the summer so there isn't a lot of team activity. Many who do happen to be around are playing youth football or soccer at that time and it encroaches into the fall lax season. We're lucky to get a couple tournaments where a whole team is actually together in the late fall season.

His recertified R helmet will be showing up right after the busiest period we've had all year in lax. No worries, and it'll be good to have it back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good one! I guess that does look a bit much, but this is the best part of the year weather-wise down here and some opportunities happened to dovetail just right to allow for extra participation. Most of our teams finish the summer schedule by early to mid-June and July/August are actually pretty wide open...it's uncomfortably hot/humid and a lot of kids are gone for the summer so there isn't a lot of team activity. Many who do happen to be around are playing youth football or soccer at that time and it encroaches into the fall lax season. We're lucky to get a couple tournaments where a whole team is actually together in the late fall season.

His recertified R helmet will be showing up right after the busiest period we've had all year in lax. No worries, and it'll be good to have it back.

You sound like a southern parent who has is all squared away. Try to stay away from the NE nuts who have just gone off the rails.

The helmets were "fine", (very few injuries/nothing in the news) prior to this whole fiasco. Since then, Cascade has responded appropriately. Let's not forget the cozy relationship that Nike/Shupp/STX has with regard to NOCSAE.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You sound like a southern parent who has is all squared away. Try to stay away from the NE nuts who have just gone off the rails.

The helmets were "fine", (very few injuries/nothing in the news) prior to this whole fiasco. Since then, Cascade has responded appropriately. Let's not forget the cozy relationship that Nike/Shupp/STX has with regard to NOCSAE.

Roger all on the helmets and I agree with your observation about the manufacturer-NOCSAE relationship; even if it happens to be innocent/conincidental there are at least a couple indicators of blurred lines. The e-mail blast by STX about their helmets being the only ones to meet NOCSAE standards a month before the helmets were even available and before this whole thing blew up just seemed like something out of Conspiracy Theory when all of a sudden Cascade and Warrior helmets were no longer OK. Strange, but I haven't seen or heard any info regarding the Warrior helmets.

I'd PM you as this strays off-topic, but couldn't figure out how to as your post was Anonymous...please don't get the mistaken impression that southern lax is any more pure or sane than in other places. Following this board for the past 6 months (and only posting 3 times total, all in this thread), I've been surprised at what people will put in a forum about youth sports, and it confirms that what we see on the sidelines down here is unfortunately universal with respect to lax. I am not in the "know" like many seem to be on this board, and I feel like a Boy Scout meeting Serpico reading about some of the topics on here (like the Age Verification thread).

Adding in the youth football piece may make the southern lax sidelines as volatile as anywhere else...several parents yelling for kids to "deck him" or "take him out" and cheering football-style hits at the U11 and U13 levels then going apoplectic on the refs when their kid gets a penalty for doing exactly what dad says. Of course, dad doesn't know the rules but that doesn't stop him from going crazy on the guys who do.

There are 3 lax seasons down here, all outdoor: winter rec from Jan-Apr, summer travel from May-June and fall travel from Oct-Dec. Sprinkle in a bit of outdoor box lax (turfed-over hockey rinks) and the occasional clinics put on by lax guys happy to not shovel snow for a few days in the winter and who want to hang on the beach in the summer, and that fills up the year.

For better or worse, any outdoor sport like soccer, lax, baseball, etc is done nearly year round to the detriment/exclusion of other sports and that my son is a goalie means it's never easy to skip a lax event as replacements aren't plentiful.

The huge positive for all this and the major reason my kid (and my wife and me) love it is because of the true team sport atmosphere that we get to enjoy more than what comes out on these forums. We've been fortunate to meet great kids, parents and coaches and our son has had experiences that we never did at his age. Winning fair, losing despite best effort, working hard, meeting great people, appreciating great competition, etc...all great lessons on and beyond the field. We're not blind to some of the ugliness, but the ride has been definitely worth it so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roger all on the helmets and I agree with your observation about the manufacturer-NOCSAE relationship; even if it happens to be innocent/conincidental there are at least a couple indicators of blurred lines. The e-mail blast by STX about their helmets being the only ones to meet NOCSAE standards a month before the helmets were even available and before this whole thing blew up just seemed like something out of Conspiracy Theory when all of a sudden Cascade and Warrior helmets were no longer OK. Strange, but I haven't seen or heard any info regarding the Warrior helmets.

I'd PM you as this strays off-topic, but couldn't figure out how to as your post was Anonymous...please don't get the mistaken impression that southern lax is any more pure or sane than in other places. Following this board for the past 6 months (and only posting 3 times total, all in this thread), I've been surprised at what people will put in a forum about youth sports, and it confirms that what we see on the sidelines down here is unfortunately universal with respect to lax. I am not in the "know" like many seem to be on this board, and I feel like a Boy Scout meeting Serpico reading about some of the topics on here (like the Age Verification thread).

Adding in the youth football piece may make the southern lax sidelines as volatile as anywhere else...several parents yelling for kids to "deck him" or "take him out" and cheering football-style hits at the U11 and U13 levels then going apoplectic on the refs when their kid gets a penalty for doing exactly what dad says. Of course, dad doesn't know the rules but that doesn't stop him from going crazy on the guys who do.

There are 3 lax seasons down here, all outdoor: winter rec from Jan-Apr, summer travel from May-June and fall travel from Oct-Dec. Sprinkle in a bit of outdoor box lax (turfed-over hockey rinks) and the occasional clinics put on by lax guys happy to not shovel snow for a few days in the winter and who want to hang on the beach in the summer, and that fills up the year.

For better or worse, any outdoor sport like soccer, lax, baseball, etc is done nearly year round to the detriment/exclusion of other sports and that my son is a goalie means it's never easy to skip a lax event as replacements aren't plentiful.

The huge positive for all this and the major reason my kid (and my wife and me) love it is because of the true team sport atmosphere that we get to enjoy more than what comes out on these forums. We've been fortunate to meet great kids, parents and coaches and our son has had experiences that we never did at his age. Winning fair, losing despite best effort, working hard, meeting great people, appreciating great competition, etc...all great lessons on and beyond the field. We're not blind to some of the ugliness, but the ride has been definitely worth it so far.

Way too thoughtful!!! Get off this website! Give the crazies and know it alls their pages back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is pople like u who make the sport all messed up for nuts like me...Pease leave so we can go back to slamming U11 teams and arguring over who is a better U9 player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sent 2 helmets back on 12/23, got them both back today (12/30), received notification from UPS upon pickup @CascadeLacrosse. Excellent turn-around time considering the holidays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sent my sons helmet out and received it back within a week. Son tried it on and no issues what so ever. Thank you Cascade. Nice job!

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard