BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
stud at NHP has over 20 goals already

best player in Nassau County by far

Thanks Mom and Dad!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WAY TO GO SWR.....As usual We take win over Rocky Point with less effort from previous years , Looks like the they need to get back to basics..Nice try see ya again soon

Originally Posted by CageSage
Tuesday, March 27th Results

Carey over Wheatley, 8-6
Mount Sinai twenties Glenn, 20-6
Locust Valley over Plainview JFK, 18-4
Shoreham-Wading River over Rocky Point, 10-7
North Shore edges South Side, 18-17
Bellmore JFK edges Sewanhaka, 13-12
St. John the Baptist over Friends, 20-8
Huntington edges Deer Park, 9-8
Islip over Greenport/Southold/Mattituck, 14-11
Floral Park over Great Neck South, 15-7
St. Dominic over St. Francis Prep, 17-7
East Hampton over Bellport, 18-5
Kings Park by two over Miller Place, 11-9
Sayville cross-towns Bayport-Blue Point, 13-5
Hauppauge over Harborfields, 12-7
Bethpage over Great Neck North, 11-7
ESM over Comsewogue, 18-5
Seaford over Oceanside, 13-5

Highlights
Multiple one goal games from the Tuesday slate.

Jenna Orfanos had six goals and two assists to lead Floral Park (3-0) in Conference 2B.

Dene' DiMartino had six goals and seven draw controls for ESM (2-0) in League II.

Freshman Sydney Pirreca scored a career-high seven goals and had an assist and Shayna Pirreca had three goals and four assists to lead Mt. SInai (2-0) in Division II.

Amanda Johansen had six goals and an assist and Tess Korten had three goals and five assists as North Shore (2-0) held on in non-league.

Melissa Esposito scored five goals and two assists, including the goal that put Bellmore JFK (3-1, 2-1) up 13-11 late in the second half in Conference B-III.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just curious as to how are the conferences determined? For example, why are Garden City, Farmingdale and Manhasset not in the same conference? How does it benefit the higher and lower level teams in these conferences to play each other?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stud at NHP has over 20 goals already

best player in Nassau County by far

Thanks for pitching in mom/dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No SWR parent or player would post the previous classless words. Rocky Point played really well and had the lead 4-0 at one point. They will do well this year and it was a hard fought game. SWR was fortunate to come out on top. The ridiculous post was obviously someone stirring the pot!! You know who you are.....childish really.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WAY TO GO SWR.....As usual We take win over Rocky Point with less effort from previous years , Looks like the they need to get back to basics..Nice try see ya again soon

Yellow Jacket Parent i bet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes classless really Rocky Point played a great game we were down 4-0 at one point. Rocky Point looked great and very polished. Obviously someone stirring the pot. Great game Rocky Point! Very well played

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, March 28th Results

West Islip comes back on Smithtown East, 14-13
Carey over Malverne, 16-11
Half Hollow Hills over Connetquot, 16-7
Garden City trounces Calhoun, 18-1 (13-0 Halftime)
Port Washington doubles MacAethur, 10-5
East Islip over Middle Country, 15-13
Pat-Med over Brentwood, 17-4
Manhasset gets twenty on Long Beach, 20-9
St. Anthony's over Holy Trinity, 17-1 (10-0 Halftime)
Wantagh over South Side, 18-10
Farmingdale pounds Hicksville, 22-4
Plainedge tips Division, 10-9
Longwood over Riverhead, 15-11
West Babylon triples Linderhurst, 18-6
Lynbrook over Island Trees, 14-12, Overtime
Syosset edges Baldwin, 6-5
Roslyn over Mepham, 11-6
Whitman handles Copiague, 18-1 (14-1 Halftime)
Ward Melville over Sachem North, 11-7
Bay Shore over Commack, 17-5

Highlights
Down 10-7 at the half, West Islip rallies with 37 seconds remaining as Lorraine Hodgson scored a goal to give West Islip the win in Suffolk's Division I.

Kyra Harney had five goals and Kaitlin Arnold netted four goals to lead Bay Shore.

With less than eight minutes remaining, Connor Bird scored the deciding goal off an assist from Morgan Lannig to lead Syosset over Baldwin.

Christina Esposito had six goals and two assists to lead West Babylon.

Freshman Lindsey Wolfe had career-high five goals and Bari Spanbock had 19 saves for Roslyn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really...Not so much of back to basics..Too bad my daughter got hurt in the middle of the game while we were winning. She will be back next year and we will see about who needs back to basics.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thursday, March 29th Results

Malverne/East Rockaway over Elmont, 16-9
Comsewogue over Greenport/Southold/Mattituck, 17-6
Herricks in a comeback over Glen Cove, 12-10
Hauppauge easily over East Hampton, 15-4
Seaford over Friends Academy, 19-9
Mount Sinai over Bayport-Blue Point, 14-9
Miller Place handily over Deer Park, 17-4
Valley Stream over Hempstead, 16-5
Carle Place over Wheatley, 16-5
New Hyde Park over Jericho, 15-8
Kings Park over Islip, 15-7
Rocky Point over Babylon, 15-11
Cold Spring Harbor over Mineola, 18-2
Freeport over West Hempstead, 19-4
Huntington over Bellport, 18-5
Glenn over Center Moriches, 18-4
Oceanside over Plainview JFK, 11-3
Sayville over Harborfields, 12-10, Overtime
North Shore over Clarke, 20-9
Eastport-South Manor over Westhampton, 16-4

Highlights

Connie Nielson scored with 0.5 seconds left in the first overtime on a pass from Olivia Russell to give Sayville (4-1, 3-0) a late lead in Division II.

Elena Sparaco and Ashley Gomes each scored six goals to lead Freeport (3-0) in Conference V.

Kristine Loscalzo had four goals and two assists and Amanda Sanchez added four goals for Rocky Point (2-1) in Division II.

Sydney Pirreca had five goals to lift Mt Sinai (3-0) in Division II.

Victoria Morano scored all three of her goals in the second half as Herricks (3-1) outscored Glen Cove (1-1) 7-1 in the second half in Conference B-II. Morano tied the game at 10 and then added the team's 12th goal. Herricks trailed 9-5 at the half, and held on as Kristina Stacom made 14 saves, including four in the last two minutes of the game to preserve the win.

Nikki Roeill had seven goals and one assist to lead Malverne/East Rockaway (2-1) in Conference V.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That or a jealous parent who wants to be somebody in the worse way and just cant earn it legit.. You Belongs on The Rocky Point Drama Club not Girls Lacrosse.
Get a life and put a for sale sign on your house and bring your Drama program somewhere else.....because we all know who you are HATER !
Keep up the great Work Dan

Yellow Jacket Parent i bet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taken from a Lancaster newspaper.

As the lacrosse season approaches I unfortunately turn my thoughts to the parents of these athletes. It’s not a lot of them, not even the majority, but a very small vocal minority that seem to ruin this wonderful sport each year.

I’ve come to the conclusion that this epidemic may ruin this game. I’ve also concluded that these acts from fully functioning adults are for a few reasons. The first is because they are living vicariously through their children and are helicopter parents (always hovering). Secondly they feel entitled (a word that will be brought up often) because they spent x-amount of money on their kid’s sport. Third, they think their child is better than they actually are. Finally, because it’s an affluent sport and they have some money, or a few letters (MD, PHD) at the end of their names, and think they can dictate playing time, press coverage, etc. because they’re in a profession where they do it 24/7.

In the five years that I have covered this sport I have witnessed a laundry list of actions by parents.

There have been, by my count, four coaches that have been run out by parents. All of these coaches had won MULTIPLE league titles. There’s a coach now that’s been on a parent’s hit list for two years. This parent went as far as to go to the school board and ask for this coach to be removed. Luckily the AD at that school took a stand and stood up for his coach. The aforementioned coaches didn’t have that administrative support.

Because this sport is becoming more popular and seeing its athletes succeed beyond high school more unrealistic expectations occur. Some parents seem to think that because John Smith at this school received a scholarship that their precious perfect child will too. Or because a certain school has a number of Division I players and they believe their child is just as good. THEY’RE NOT. It’s not easy to get a lacrosse scholarship and no lacrosse scholarship is a full ride. If you got your child into this sport to get a scholarship, or have their name in the newspaper, than they’re playing for the wrong reason.

I was told by a well-respected coach, in another sport that has similar problems, that winning and players succeeding is a problem and here’s why: Coaches understand god-given ability and realistic expectations and parents don’t. That’s the difference and that’s a problem. Point being: When you win, players succeed. With success come unrealistic expectations from some parents. That’s where the problem begins. 10 years ago this wasn’t an issue because the sport was in its infancy stage. Everyone just wanted to play for fun. Where did that go?

I have received too many emails to count on how my coverage of the sport is unfair and biased. I’ve received emails calling me names, emails calling for my job and emails saying I’m bad at my job. The writers of those emails are obviously hypocritical because they’re writing because they feel their child has been slighted. They have tunnel vision. They have a horse in the race. I don’t. Who’s objective in all of this? The reporter.

I understand that parents want the best for children. I really do. But there are ways to do that other than making everyone else’s life miserable. If most of these players knew how their parents were acting they’d be embarrassed.

A teenager gains nothing if they’re playing because of their parents pull. They gain more if they earned it. In fact, they gain even more if they don’t start. Life is that way. It’s unfair at times. It doesn’t always reward hard work. It doesn’t entitle anyone to anything. You don’t always get what you want. To forcefully keep your kids from experiencing this early in their lives will almost certainly handicap them in the real world where, more often than not, it doesn’t matter who your parents are.

Unfortunately this isn’t reserved for only lacrosse. It’s a disease spreading to every sport in high school. At a time when scholastic sports are on life support parents should be joining with coaches and the administration and be on the same team. Many aren’t. That’s sad. It’s pathetic. It needs to end.

Again, I don’t believe this is all parents. It’s a minority of them but a very vocal minority. I appreciate most of the parents. I understand the time and financial sacrifices you make and I enjoy speaking with most parents throughout the season.

Those that read this and nod their heads understand the problem. Those that read this and shake their heads ARE the problem.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Saturday, March 31st Results

East Islip over Bayport-Blue Point, 12-9
Port Washington over Baldwin, 10-6
Hicksville over East Meadow, 13-5
Long Beach over Calhoun, 13-4
ESM edges Mount Sinai, 9-8
Garden City crushes Lynbrook, 18-3
North Shore twenties Our Lady of Mercy, 20-11

Friday, March 30th Results

Jericho over Sewanhaka, 13-2
Sachem East over Brentwood, 13-3
West Islip edges HHH, 10-9
Mepham over Carey, 15-10
Division over Bethpage, 16-4
Pat-Med over Sachem North, 8-6
Locust Valley over Island Trees, 22-13
West Babylon over Northport, 11-8
Connetquot over Riverhead, 19-8
Ward Melville over Floyd, 8-5
Lindenhurst over Copiague, 16-2
Glen Cove over Great Neck North, 13-11
Herricks over Bellmore JFK, 15-12
Roslyn over Great Neck South, 14-6
Commack over North Babylon, 17-7
Farmingdale over Oceanside, 13-3
Smithtown East over Longwood, 15-7
St. Anthony's over Manhasset, 17-6

Highlights
Erin Byrnes scored the winning goal that broke a 9-9 tie with 1:52 left in the second half for West Islip (3-2, 2-1) on an assist from Lindsey Darrell in Division I.

Christina Esposito had five goals and Samantha Apuzzo had three goals in the upset over first-ranked Northport for West Babylon (2-1) in Division I.

Annie Heagerty scored six goals to lead St. Anthony's (2-0) in CHSAA. Stephanie Paloscio added three goals and two assists, and Alexis Nicolia scored three. Tori Holland made seven saves in the win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's happened to Northport this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A loss to North Babylon, Thats gotta hurt. Farmingdale 4-0 with a win over Wantaugh. looks like the lax world righted itself. Northports a 1 trick pony.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is way too early to worry about Northport's record. They are a very talented team, and when the dust clears they will be at the top of the mix. Bay Shore is always very good and will challenge for county title this season. West Islip looks to be on the downside, but they should rebound as well. Now William Floyd on the other hand has reason to be nervous. Their Goalie is Wonderful, but she can't do it all herself, color them not as good this year. As for teams on the rise Sachem East: it could be argued that they are playing weaker side of Schedule, but win over Floyd was big. Pat Med same as Sachem East, weak schedule so far, Win over Sachem North not as big as it looks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AW LOVE YOU ALL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A loss to North Babylon, Thats gotta hurt. Farmingdale 4-0 with a win over Wantaugh. looks like the lax world righted itself. Northports a 1 trick pony.

That's West Babylon, get your facts straight. Big difference in those 2 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's West Babylon, get your facts straight. Big difference in those 2 teams
Yeah.......not really, but ok my bad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is way too early to worry about Northport's record. They are a very talented team, and when the dust clears they will be at the top of the mix. Bay Shore is always very good and will challenge for county title this season. West Islip looks to be on the downside, but they should rebound as well. Now William Floyd on the other hand has reason to be nervous. Their Goalie is Wonderful, but she can't do it all herself, color them not as good this year. As for teams on the rise Sachem East: it could be argued that they are playing weaker side of Schedule, but win over Floyd was big. Pat Med same as Sachem East, weak schedule so far, Win over Sachem North not as big as it looks.

VERY disappointing showing on Saturday. Outplayed a few other schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sachem East (the Trombetta Show) has played what 4 games. they have more wins than all opponents combined. Beating Copiague, Brentwood, Floyd, and Miller Place doesn't mean your doing well, it means you have a weak schedual. Northport losing to West Babylon is huge at any time during the season. losing to an unranked (lax power) opponent at any time is damaging. And really, shouldn't a top team win that game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

Northport = Yellow Jackets

Did the Topguns just beat the Yellow Jackets ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

you beat 1/2 the yellow jackets , now you need to beat garden city ( the good half )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last I Checked West Bab's best player ( going to N.W.) plays for the Y.J. Good try though trying to stir it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree that the Northport story is bigger than the Sachem East story. Now if Sachem goes on to beat Bayshore and Ward Melville later this month, then you have a story. But having Northport lose to West Babylon is a bigger story. Yes West Babylon has a top scorer that is going to Northwestern and has a very athletic team (the kid who shut down Northport's #1 recruit has only been playing LAX for 2 years) but they are not deep and should not even be in the same class as Northport, or at least their reputation.

Maybe losing 10 seniors last year was too much for Northport to overcome.

Sachem East (the Trombetta Show) has played what 4 games. they have more wins than all opponents combined. Beating Copiague, Brentwood, Floyd, and Miller Place doesn't mean your doing well, it means you have a weak schedual. Northport losing to West Babylon is huge at any time during the season. losing to an unranked (lax power) opponent at any time is damaging. And really, shouldn't a top team win that game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

Not sure of the Topguns beat the Yellow Jackets but they did beat Carol Rose which is "just as sweet".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

There are club influences on these teams, but that equation does not work. None the less, congrats to W Babylon for a great win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

I did not realize all top gun players were from West Babylon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was that little defender from Longwood? Gave my daughter fits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

you beat 1/2 the yellow jackets , now you need to beat garden city ( the good half )

Please, you know who has graduated so garden city will fall short. let's hope the colleges are not watching so you can still go to school....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Taken from a Lancaster newspaper.

If this guy were from LI he would know its ALL the parents, the good ones are the ones who dont come to every game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

Now that's funny. Are the school parents banned from posting on the BOTC like the club parents?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Monday, April 2nd Results

St. Dominic over St. Mary's, 10-4
Half Hollow Hills over Floyd, 12-7
Manhasset over Division, 13-2
New Hyde Park over Great Neck South, 15-5
Glenn over Whitman, 13-7
Herricks over Carey, 11-7
Syosset edges Commack, 11-10
Northport over Smithtown West, 19-7 (15-3 Halftime)
Clarke over Bellmore JFK, 18-4 (16-3 Halftime)
Huntington over Greenport/Southold/Mattituck, 22-6
Hicksville over Mineola, 18-12
Mepham over Sewanhaka, 16-10
Plainedge over Oceanside, 9-6
Hewlett over Long Beach, 21-12
Wantagh over West Babylon, 15-13
Floral Park over Bethpage, 12-9

Highlights

Mackenzie Sivilli had two goals and three assists, Monika Sivilli had one goal and four assists, and Maddlyn Sivilli had three goals and one assist to lead Glenn (2-3) in non-league.

Colleen Lovett had four goals and four assists and Tara Basile added four goals to lead Wantagh (3-1) in a non-conference game.

Sam DiSalvo scored eight goals with one assist and Jenni Rogoff added four goals and five assists to lead Hewlett (3-2, 1-2) in Conference B-I.

Jacqueline Kennedy had three goals and Danielle Harrington had four saves in the second half to lead Plainedge (3-2) in non-league.

Junior Alexis Thompson had a career-high seven goals and added four assists and junior Hannah Burnett had six goals and a career-high nine assists to lead Huntington (3-0) in Division II.

Cortney Fortunato had seven goals and two assists to lead Northport (2-1) in Division I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenn beat Whitman not Wantagh

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Glenn beat Whitman not Wantagh
Corrected - thanks for the reminder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

Now that's funny. Are the school parents banned from posting on the BOTC like the club parents?

YOU HAVE WON NOTHING YET ITS ONLY MARCH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

Please, you know who has graduated so garden city will fall short. let's hope the colleges are not watching so you can still go to school....

Starting to sound like the yellow jacket thread now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

Starting to sound like the yellow jacket thread now.

THE BEST WEST BAB KID A YELLOW JACKET!! NOT TG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Babylon = Topguns

neither has northport

YOU HAVE WON NOTHING YET ITS ONLY MARCH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does everything have to be turned into anti YJ ,the obsession is sad. Just curious as to what do people think when one team is far superior to another on the varsity level, should the better pull it back a little after the game is clearly out of reach or just keep scoring.

Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard