Originally Posted by Anonymous
explain to me haw a 7th grader earned the right to be on varsity? Did they play better than every other P.A.L. kid? Have you witnessed many H.S. practices? Same drill run by coach over and over, good for fundamentals, but I thought we were talking about advanced players that could already pass and catch? A 2 hour practice with a good coach that teaches plays, strategy , and advances your lax I.Q. is far better than running line drills, and shooting drills 2hours a day 5 days a week. Lets face it, if your kid is going to be pulled up it's because your in a weak lacrosse school, and line and shooting drills will be order of the day every day.

It just shows what an ignorant moron you are. Its simple they earn it because they have put in the time to be a better more skilled player than the older kid. Many coaches are involved with their teams in the fall and get a look at these younger kids. The top seeded team in section xi has brought kids up for years as has the top seeded c team in suffolk (not sure about the B teams). You come across as a weasel who knows there are kids who will take your kids spot but feel she has earned the spot because she has been thru more what you seem to feel are useless practices, makes no sense.
My kid is almost done, and never missed a varsity start from freshman year on. Unlike you I didn't feel the need to live through my kid, though I throughly enjoyed every minuet of watching her play. In checking the schedule I see that your outstanding 7th grader will be playing my daughter, and I am looking forward to seeing these well accomplished athletes you think have earned a spot on a varsity team take on my daughter. to make it more interesting, it happens late in the season so you will have no excuses. as far as being a moron , it is you that is uninformed and caught in a lie. N.Y.S does not allow coaches to particapate in, or mandate practice, and can not actively take place in the recruitment of players : I.E. non high school age kids, out of season. So with that being said your either lying, or you just screwed your coach, here are the rules as they are written

VII. Out of Season Practice Policy
On May 24, 2000, the Section XI Athletic Council eliminated the Section XI Out of Season Practice Policy (sometimes referred to as the 49% rule) entirely!

Understand, however, that this action does not necessarily make practicing out of season OK. Schools are still bound by the NYSPHSAA regulations. They are:

NYSPHSAA REGULATION - PRACTICE SESSIONS:
a. An organized practice in grades 7-12 is a session for the purpose of providing instruction and practice in physical conditioning activities, skills, team play, and game strategy designed expressly for that sport under the supervision of a qualified coach appointed by the Board of Education of the local school district. Such instruction and practice shall be held only during the season designated for that sport.
c. School sponsored activities conducted out of the sport season such as general conditioning, weight training, weight lifting, intramurals, recreation, open gyms, club activities and camps are permitted: 1. If such programs are not mandated by coaches or school personnel; 2. If such programs are available to all students.
d. Non-school sponsored activities are permitted if such programs are not mandated by coaches or school personnel. It is recommended that no school equipment be used for these programs as per State Comptroller Opinion 85-37.

Rev 5/11

VIII. Recruiting of Athletes
To maintain the educational standards and dignity of our academic and athletic programs, all member schools of Section XI must refrain from practices such as recruitments, enticements, inducements, or other pressures which encourage students for athletic purposes to leave or not to enter their schools of normal enrollment or schools in which they are enrolled.

Schools alleged to be in violation will be referred to the Ethics Committee.

Upon request, member schools that receive tuition must make available to Section XI all records of financial aid to athletes.

Dude you really are making yourself seem clueless. Many coaches hold off season workouts and put teams in tournaments and leagues in which they get a look at kids who are coming up , its just that these things are not mandatory. Actually it works against the point you are so feebly trying to make in that a lot of time the upperclassmen who are not committed to lax do not attend while these middle school kids show to everything trying to prove themselves.You may want to think these things thru prior to posting.