Originally Posted by Anonymous
You really think a two hour practice once a week teaches strategy and advances your lacrosse IQ? Then I feel sorry for the high school your daughter plays for. I do watch a lot of high level high school games and the coaches know what they are doing. You practice what you preach. Lets be honest here, the officiating at the club level leaves a lot to the imagination,defense at the club level is a joke compared to how defense is played at the high school level. You do not need a coach to run line drills and shooting drills all you need is a wall and a net. You need a coach to develop your offense, defense, clears and rides as well as your sportsmanship and overall team play. If you can do that in 2 hours once a week than you chose the right club.
If your lucky enough to play for one of the to 7 or 8 high schools then good for you, but as a whole H.S.teams are not that good at defense and have no Offensive strategy,. Club practices are much better because, presumably, every girl all ready plays at a high level, therefore, the 1 hour of line and shooting drills are kept to a 5 min. warm up. You obversely don't watch many H.S. games on L.I. because the officiating becomes various from game to game, the same refs aren't even consistent game to game. Just for giggles, as a poll, where is it worse Nassau of Suffolk? my daughter is finished with both club and H.S. and I can tell you that without question she got more out of club practice than H.S. If your daughter is opposite than your at one of these schools
E.I.
Nport
'set
G.C.
E.S.M.
Mt. S
Oside
Fdale
sachem E
stown E&W
W.I.
csh
Haup
Hunt.
sayville
swr
wantaugh
good for her but at most schools thats not the case. because that list is less than 20 schools in 3 div. when there are 98 public schools competing on L.I.