Originally Posted by Anonymous
Took a break from putting up the Christmas decorations to see what's going on in the lax world. This topic is 2nd from the top on the main forum board . Don't have a kid this age, have one out of college and two in college. 1 played DI lax, another is playing now. Word of advice, RELAX!! The venom coming from you parents toward one another is disgusting. Your children see how you speak and behave. Trust me, no matter how good your your little boy is, YOU are making him into a monster. College coaches want coachable kids, team players and those who will work for the better of the team, NOT themselves. The star in 5th grade may never play in high school. The young boy who gets burned out from his father constantly talking lax and living through him will turn away from the sport. Your kids will behave toward others as you do. Set an example, and start on this board. Take time to speak to your kid about his schoolwork, in the end THAT will make all the difference in where he could eventually end up playing lax at the college level! I didn't come on here to preach, just take it from someone who has been there, enjoy these days, they go too fast. In the end what you will hope to raise is a well rounded respectful young man who can stand on his own and make you proud, with or without a lacrosse stick in his hand. Don't bother with the posts, I won't answer. Happy Holidays!

Get back to your lights, Griswold.

that's right. we don't need any insight from old farts with kids in college. it's a new day and the way things are going my 2nd grader will be verbaling in 6th grade so we need to be ready. my kid's a rock star and definitely top 10 class of 2025. I'd contact Petro now for a on campus visit but my kid still eats his boogers at that wrong time so I will wait until next fall

I hear that Petro has kids doing this and when he is there he never says a word. Maybe our all knowing secret Coach of the Year is just like that!

I smoked Petro when he played for St. Mary's. He couldn't defend the lefties. I'll teach your kid how to do that too. Oh wait, a varsity coach with a losing record can probably show him better.

Sure you did. Please make sure you tell everyone that when your at practice Sunday. Maybe you can fit in your HS gear and really dress to impress.