Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dear 2025 parents - I just red the last few pages and wanted to post about my experiences, I have 4 kids that have gone through the process, my oldest played in college and is out now, when he started I think that travel started in about 5th grade, I have a senior in high school that is signed to play in college and I have a 2017 that is going through the recruiting process right now. The single biggest advice I can share is do what ever you want for your kid and don't me influenced by what other people are doing. If your kid wants to play lacrosse only 24/7 and you are OK with it then do that, if he wants to play 5 other sports and he has fun doing it then let him do that. As I have gone through the recruiting process 3 times I see the exact same things from 2006 and last weekend - grades and athleticism and usually always in that order.

IMHO, up until 8th or 9th grade they will get just as much out of playing soccer, football, tennis, wrestling or basketball as playing organized lacrosse - the best players in my town and the ones going on to play in college all have one major thing in common....they love playing lacrosse, If your dream is to have your son play college lacrosse make sure he loves the game.

Always pick your team by the coaches not the organization or level of play, plenty on kids are going to top colleges that where on b and c teams early on. and those kids spend more time on the wall or shooting at the park by themselves then they ever spend at team practice.

If your son is fighting about not wanting to go to practice then he is probably doing to much, if they don't want to go down to the park and shoot then they are probably doing to much.

Never play for a team that your son is the best player, he will never get better.

good luck to all of you and enjoy the ride, it is over way to fast.

Thank You, looks like we will need good luck.