Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's bc Riverhead parents are freaking out and blocking younger better girls from playing up even though that is where readiness, skill and maturity level. Fortunate town to have a group of girls that are so dedicated and happy to be playing. Complete shame and sham that the school district does not acknowledge the talent have and provide an environment to nurture growth and programs.
Although I am in a neighboring district, my daughter plays these girls on a regular basis and they can definitely be impact players on at the least, a JV level team.
Thankfully my district has the forethought and responsibility to put the needs of the child first, not the needs of the parents.

Played the group at a tourney over the summer at Heckzher. Coach was a tool who didn't even know rules. Girls were bullies who would get thumped at the Varsity level. Keep them playing age appropriate and let them mature, mom.
Let the 7th & 8th graders play middle school lacrosse, why do parents insist on getting their kids moved up? bragging rights? You have travel lacrosse for more competitive play. Let your daughter play MS with her classmates and neighbors and be a pre-teen, let her shine. She will have 4 years to play varsity.

The problem is the middle school competition and coaching is usually a complete waste of time in terms of improving in ones sport if that kid is even descent.My daughter was moved up and it was a great experience and in my opinion an advantage over the kids from districts that don't.