Originally Posted by Anonymous
You should go now then! We don't want you! And maybe the Geese don't want your poisonous attitude either.
Skills, skills, skills for now! If you listened to the coaches they said they would coach them if it was what we wanted and if we set it up. So watch for an e-mail this week.
I hope you also listened and have your boy at DLT as they recommended because my boy is working harder than yours, I'll guarantee it.

I agree with the other poster. Skills should be worked on at home on their own or at winter training. They seriously need some work as a team so they can find positions for them. Moving from defense to middie to attack is silly, but I guess that's what happens when you only take kids that play middie. [/quote]

Your kid plays a position already? Isn't it best for them to all play everywhere at this point? Serious question. I want him to get to play everywhere and I believe he is enough of a little athlete to handle each spot.[/quote]

yes. it's best for kids to play multiple positions (and multiple sports) at 8 yrs old. previous poster has an over emphasis on winning. having fun in the early years leads to passion when it counts. everyone always says "my kid can't get enough" which maybe true right now but sad if they say to you in 7th/8th grade - dad I want to take the summer off. It happens and will more and more as teams start going all year long in 2nd/3rd grade. lax is not gymnastics - no need to peak in elementary school
[/quote]

Having fun and rotating to every position is great. That's what town teams are for. But this is not a town team. This is a supposed "elite" team (even at this early age) that is for children and parent who are serious about lax. My son is a competitor. He doesn't like to lose. Neither should yours if he is on this team. If you didn't care about winning you would have gone out for a lesser team, but you didn't. Team 91 has a reputation of winning and producing great lax players. This is not an "every kid gets a cookie" team. If that's what you're looking for then maybe YOU should be the one moving on. We need kids to play defense. That's what they should be looking for at tryouts. But they won't. We'll get 6 more weak middies.

If you don't agree with my attitude, too damn bad. He's on the best team. I expect the best from his coaches. Right now I'm not happy with the product they're selling. [/quote]

LEAVE...YOU ARE A DELUSIONAL JACKA$$! They have already done more than they promised and the organizations results speak for themselves. They know better than you. Weak middies, really? I'm sure your son is the best in your mind, but I'll believe it when I see it, so in the meantime, don't rip the kids. If you have the balls, speak to the coaches yourself. Don't come on here and gutlessly rip the team before it has even started. They have sent you e-mails, you can contact them so send an e-mail back to them and tell them your concerns and give them your wisdom. THEN GET LOST! PLEASE!