Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's bc Riverhead parents are freaking out and blocking younger better girls from playing up even though that is where readiness, skill and maturity level. Fortunate town to have a group of girls that are so dedicated and happy to be playing. Complete shame and sham that the school district does not acknowledge the talent have and provide an environment to nurture growth and programs.
Although I am in a neighboring district, my daughter plays these girls on a regular basis and they can definitely be impact players on at the least, a JV level team.
Thankfully my district has the forethought and responsibility to put the needs of the child first, not the needs of the parents.

Please the parents of those Riverhead 7th graders are crazy and just about everyone of those kids is small even for their grade level. Sorry but those kids do not belong on a varsity field.Skill level they could play JV but again physically they are very small and even if girls lacrosse is supposed to be non contact everyone knows their is plenty of it. Why not stay as a group and play middle school .I get bringing a kid up if it will help your varsity win , not so in most cases.