Originally Posted by Anonymous
What irks me about the situation is that Cascade sold a bill of goods tha it could not deliver on. After STX published its results, NOCSAE did its own testing and found the helmets did not pass the certification standards. Cascade couldn't provide NOCSAE with the required test data (I don't know if they didn't run all the tests or whether they lost the results) so NOCSAE pulled their cert. That worked as it should and I have no problem with that.

Now, however, Cascade is shipping NOTHING. Not the CPR-X, not the Pro7. Nothing. Its going to be several weeks before they resume shipping, if they do. To me (and I believe to NOCSAE) this raises a big red flag that other helmets in the Cascade product line don't pass muster either. Maybe we'll know something by the end of the year. Or maybe not. I predict that there is going to be a big scramble for certified helmets pretty soon. I hope Cascade gets their certification straightened out because the mess that will result if they don't could be awfully problematic.

When I corresponded w mike Oliver from noscae asking about the CPX-r he said the investigation into their other helmets is ongoing and further secrets may come. If that ever happens with other helmets it is going to be a cluster f