In all my years of playing sports (I am 47) I played hockey as a goalie with those cheesy plastic masks, football helmets had padding lighter then a blanket, lax Bacharach helmet baseball too. Most serious head injury I had came at the hands of some bulletproof snow while at hunter mtn. I just don't see how these two helmets could not be safer then what I wore. wth are people freakin about? Someone pointed it out a few pages back these head injuries are not going to be stopped because a helmet it's the hits that snap your head and jar your brain. Call me grandpa or whatever you fags want to call me but I say let them play. And maybe I'd the refs did the job of policing the game properly head injuries wouldn't be so great. But then again somehow when I played we didn't have so many injuries and personally we played dirtier then the game is played today.

Here's food for thought: how the [lacrosse] are the cheap chest protectors able to pass the noscae test or they don't bother testing that?

I agree w the poster above this is one instance and don't you think that kid would of been better off w an R on his head?