Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here's an interesting question. If the R has suddenly been decertified and deemed unsafe, what is the rate of injuries and in-field failures over the past year and a half it's been in use? What's the same rate for certified helmets? Guaranteed there's no difference. Proof the seal is worthless.
The NOCSAE seal and nonsense that goes with it is NOT a good thing. It's BS. As proven by this mess.

At a tournament in Wellington FL this weekend players were told they could not play with the Cascade R helmet. They all used old helmets. One kid got hit in the head with a shot and the helmet shattered. Not sure of the make or model. Kid was air lifted to local hospital. Law suits coming. NOCSAE included.
And while we all wait for clarity on this serious matter, what exactly is NOCSAE, Cascade & Warrior doing for the public?

Either recall the product, or re-certify and make some statement that explains things clearly. This is total BS!

That is horrific, and as I have written over and over it seems this sport is only comfortable with its head in the sand. The 2013 Purdue research study is not something lacrosse dads need to be diligent to find on PubMed, but 24sevenlax.com finds it a week or two ago after this mess is public. My worst fear is a kid would have to be seriously injured or worse for ANY PROPER ATTENTION AND URGENCY to arrive, and sadly...

I pray for this kid and his family that he will be ok. Horrible news and every parents' worst nightmare.

Oh my God. So this one instance means what? All helmets are unsafe? Your completely overreacting because there is a point of view different than yours. I saw a horrible tragedy in football causing a death from helmet failure. Guess what. The exact same helmets are still being used now!! Where's your prayers and outrage? Us Dads do plenty of research and care for our kids as much as you do yours and your comments otherwise are offensive. Most of us however don't believe everything we read because our govt has conditioned us to be skeptical and we see every day all the lies we are told for others gain. NOCSAE certified the helmets for a year and a half and your anger should be pointed at them not the ones questioning this issue.