Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bacharach and Rasin....where are you?! LOL

There's no "and" in Bacharach Rasin.
And "where are they"? They are gone! Out of business because even though we remember their helmet with the shoe lace tie in the back with warm fuzzy thoughts...that's because we all sustained many head shots...we can't help but also remember how crappy their helmet was. I still have mine and when my son looks at it he just laughs. Really though for those who are buying into this nonsense about the Cascade R being unsafe I ask you to find someone with the only helmet offered to us in the 70s and 80s, the Bacharach Rasin and see if you still feel today's Cascade R is unsafe. It's all bull shite.

I agree the R is probably not as unsafe as its been made to be, particularly when compared to helmets of yesteryear. But ask yourself, shouldn't the technology continue to get better for safety sake? Would you feel comfortable putting your son in your old helmet? Bull shite or not, the end result of this should be a safer R and a safer sport. Cascade will make it right, eventually, and I'm sure NOCSAE will alter its current procedures (i.e., not excepting self-reported compliance, commissioning or performing its own tests, etc.). If you think about it, this is a good thing...