Originally Posted by Anonymous
For the life of me I don't understand why given these circumstances Cascade doesn't just eat it all the way down to their cost at no profit to give anyone who is a Cascade R owner a voucher to pay like $80 for a CPX? Sure they'd sell a lot of CPXs at no profit and a lot of their customers would now have two helmets, but offering customers a less expensive short term solution is the very least they could do. Hold on tight bids for time are really bothersome to this family owner of three Rs. If I am paying retail for a helmet now, might as well make it an STX and that is a sad thing to come to as past Cascade fan and client.

http://24sevenlax.com/reaction-to-nocsaes-decision-to-decertify-two-popular-helmets/

"Until such time as Cascade and Warrior undergo and pass a NOCSAE independent quality audit directed by the Safety Equipment Institute or SEI, they are effectively shut down when it comes to helmets. Steve Jones, the Senior Director of Corporate Communications at Performance Sports Group spoke on behalf of Cascade and confirmed that they are not currently shipping any helmets. Replacements for the model R helmet from Cascade will have to come from what is currently available in the retail market."

With 48 hour custom shipping direct from Cascade, there isn't a lot of inventory in the retail market.