Originally Posted by Anonymous
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the last several helmet designs produced by Cascade (CSX-R and Pro-7) so similar that they too would fail? If the R was supposed to be the latest improvement over the ones with the seven technology, wouldn't they (the Rs) perform better? They added extra protection, whatever that yellow liner is, this certainly shouldn't make it worse. So should we then conclude, and maybe NOCSAE will too one day, that the last several Cascade helmets would also fail? I don't know who is wrong, but now that the impact data has come to light, shouldn't NOCSAE then doubt the previous SELF-REPORTED data Cascade has provided? I don't think this is over by along-shot. My second choice would be to buy a CSX-R, but I wonder if it'll be next on the "don't-use-this-helmet-until-we get-this-resolved list".

This is a good point that I also am concerned about. Did STX test all of Cascade's model's or just the "R"? One could run out and buy another model which supposedly complies but it is not clear if that is because all the other models passed the recent tests which the R failed or were not tested in a similar manner.