Originally Posted by Anonymous
solution to all this is to buy the older models and boycott STX... simple. we have used cascade for years and never had an issue. we currently own 2 Rs and will continue to use them.

Not looking for a day long battle, just a question. Why boycott STX? Is there an issue there too?

STX contacted NOCSAE and had them investigate Cascade and Warrior. The data from the certified labs shows conflicting results depending on batches and helmet tilt. STX blew the whistle (unfairly) to gain an advantage as they unveiled their first ever helmet. Bottom line, the STX helmet sucks per field tests at major college programs. No one likes it so to save face they had to do something. They chose the LOW ROAD. STX lost my business and the business of many in the lax community. Their plan is backfiring.

Not sure why STX is the bad guy here. As a consumer I want the safest equipment possible. If STX did not report the failures to NOCSAE and it came out in the future that they ignored this, what would that say for their integrity for consumer safety? Yes, it appears that they used this opportunity to throw Cascade and Warrior under the bus, however NOCSAE did not just take their word on the failure. Read the article in the link above. NOCSAE immediately conducted their own certification tests and analyzed all of the test data from the manufactures. Based on those results the helmets were de-certified.

STX is not responsible for the helmets failing the certification tests. They are responsible for making the consumers aware that the helmets that they purchased may not be as safe as they expected.

Is this the LOW ROAD? Maybe. I don't know. (Not sure I care) Bottom line is the consumers were at risk and Cascade and Warrior weren't saying anything.