Originally Posted by Anonymous
Every single child on the Manhasset 32 2022 team is born well after the September 1st guideline established by US Lacrosse, I can understand your concern and likely disappointment when you digest this fact.

How many were born before Dec. 1? A kid born before Dec. 1 may be eligible for age based tournaments under US lacrosse guidelines but many of the tournaments that 32 enters are based on graduating year and not age. A kid born before Dec. 1 should be a 2021 under YOUR school district rules and gets an unfair advantage when playing in tournaments against 2022 teams. How is that to digest? Please answer the question.

I vow only to post when correcting the ignorant on this board. A child is allowed to start kindergarten in the Manhasset School District if they are 5 by December 1st. It's not a rule that you have to start kindergarten then, but you can't start earlier than that without special permission. US Lacrosse sets guidelines for a reason and those are followed to the best of my knowledge by Team 32. Many kids move out from New [lacrosse] City where they start formal elementary education a year later than on Long Island.

As expected we are getting commentary and not facts. Manhasset school district sets Dec. 1 as the cut off. If a parent feels their kid is not ready to start kindergarten then they have the option to hold them back to the next year. The option is not meant for parents that hope to get an unfair advantage on the lacrosse field. You had no hesitation stating as a fact that no 32 kids were born before Sept. 1. We are still waiting to hear how many were born before Dec. 1. Just provide the number and then we can end this conversation.

What town does your son play for? Would be good to know where this insecurity is coming from - you know where I'm from...