Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Every single child on the Manhasset 32 2022 team is born well after the September 1st guideline established by US Lacrosse, I can understand your concern and likely disappointment when you digest this fact.

How many were born before Dec. 1? A kid born before Dec. 1 may be eligible for age based tournaments under US lacrosse guidelines but many of the tournaments that 32 enters are based on graduating year and not age. A kid born before Dec. 1 should be a 2021 under YOUR school district rules and gets an unfair advantage when playing in tournaments against 2022 teams. How is that to digest? Please answer the question.

I vow only to post when correcting the ignorant on this board. A child is allowed to start kindergarten in the Manhasset School District if they are 5 by December 1st. It's not a rule that you have to start kindergarten then, but you can't start earlier than that without special permission. US Lacrosse sets guidelines for a reason and those are followed to the best of my knowledge by Team 32. Many kids move out from New [lacrosse] City where they start formal elementary education a year later than on Long Island.