Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow Mr. Express Dad , you seem to know a lot about United ?

Aren't you a little concerned that your team has not gotten together yet for a practice? Most other 2022's have had several. Especially with some new kids on the team. Don't you want to see if the team can gel?

If they are not planning on playing in the Fall- there is no reason to jump into practice just yet. 91 finished their try outs weeks after Express, so feasibly, Express was able to start early September. I would gather if a team was worried about how they did in choosing kids, they would want to practice. if they are confident in their kids, they do not feel the pressure to jump in and see what they got and what they still need to get. Some teams have started and some have not- your best athletes are usually muli sport players- they probably are on football or soccer. Does not make a lot of sense to hold practices if the whole team cannot be there. I am sure things will pick up for all the teams when it is time to get going. I doubt United is overly concerned.

Kids that are new to UNITED are concerned.

Seriously? Why? Do you think a top 2022 team suddenly is going South because they have not held a practice? You tried out for a summer tournament team. Any extra may or may not be with your full team. If your kid made this team he is in good hands and with good company. You might get a practice going and be missing 7-8 players and not get a full picture of the team or how they'll gel. Apparently 91 is offering Fall practices now, but you cannot be guaranteed that everyone is interested in doing so. This madness to start practice 2 weeks after rosters are finalized is driven by a fear of having to keep up with the Jones. Your son made a great team, I don't think it has changed so drastically from last year that you need to panic.