Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who cares about town. Can't wait to see the competition between Smash Igloo and Express this upcoming season.

Towns that compete at the club travel team level care about town.

Ha! No such thing. I love town programs that convince the parents they are club teams. And if you play club you're made to feel like an outcast or if you are good they look the other way. Go read team Smithtowns Power Point on their site.

We don't need to read anyone's power point. Smithtown program is solid top to bottom. And nobody is calling kids or parents outcasts. There happens to be many solid town teams in the 2022 year. Maybe they don't always win in tourney play, but they compete at a high level.

There are benefits to both town and club travel.

Team Smithtown fee $1400! Pure money and power grab! Do they have good teams, yes. Coaching, not so much. Its a big school district which helps them create good teams. Your crazy if you pay that for town team.

You use the word "town" team as though it means inferior. Team Smithtown can compete with most "travel" teams. And Manhasset 32's "Town" team smoked almost all the "travel" teams last year except Smash. I don't know what 32 charges, but I bet it's a lot less than $3500!

I heard a bunch of 32 kids left for IGLOO! Not that it matters