Originally Posted by Anonymous
what was with the cops at Jester tryouts?

How was the turnout for the tryout given the coaching change? What about quality of players trying out?

It was easy to see a few of the boys stood out as being very good, a number of the boys were solid, and then their were some boys that were not very strong.

I am relatively new to this and have been to a few 2022 tryouts and it seems like there is a lot of talent at this age. Also from what I have gathered on here and talking to people there will be many very strong team, both 91's, Team LI, Express, Outlaws, Igloo, Jesters. Maybe 2-3 will be better than the rest but with so many tournaments to play in I am sure all of these clubs will find good competition and win a few. Seems to me like a real positive for LI lacrosse. Maybe there are too many teams and the talent is watered down a little but all in all if your kid is good seems you can find a good team. I would like to hear some thoughts on whether a 2022 kid is better off being one of the top players on an A-/B+ team or being one of the worst players on an A/A+ team.

At this age I would want my son to be on the A-/B+ team so that he gets a lot of reps and builds his confidence. Plus there will a lot be less pressure on him to perform as compared to if he is the least skilled player on the A+ team. Let's remember that they are only 10 so they have plenty of lacrosse to play in front of them before it really starts to matter from a recruiting perspective. Just my two cents...