Originally Posted by Anonymous
No GC did not regularly lose against those teams..They won some and lost some...All really good close games...Like i said its not about winning at this age..Its about the kids getting better after every practice and every game.

GC doing it the right way. Keeping the kids together and local and not paying stupid amounts of $$ to play youth lax.

I would say that is awesome.. our school district is small - we field two PAL teams - but talent is spread thin. We are battling for kids to play Lacrosse - but many choose Baseball and Basketball instead..
They are charging more than a lot of travel teams this year.

How do you figure? They have a professional coach assisted by fathers that played D1 college ball, 15+ Winter team and skills training sessions, two weekday practices, Saturday and Sunday games in the spring and 5 summer tournaments for under $1700 all in with no hidden fees. I would like to see the travel teams match that...

Sounds like good value to me. Especially when you consider the long winning tradition that the GC program has enjoyed.

Sounds like bitter grapes opining here. Town vs Club tournament teams. To each their own I guess. But if you have a solid program, good coaches (including D1/D3 dads) and don't have to travel all over the place, what's wrong with that?

My sons team played GC over the summer, no rwl standouts on that team, some decent atheletes but better off they play in town as I don't think anyone on that team makes a top 5 club team. Who knows they are still young but I see some manhasset kids that I think could play on any club team. Best of luck to the GC kids, keep practicing and have fun.