Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid is not "crossed-off" , he is committed to a top program. Do you want to know how that happened?

Talent
Dedication
Sacrifice
Setbacks
Tears
Joys
Weekends stuck on the Jersey tpke
Wanting to quit
Training early in the morning on the weekends
Not playing x-box
$$$ in heads because they Crack every 2wks

PARENTAL SUPPORT

Do you really think I will abandon my son now? This has been a long road that has not come easy, our family has sacrificed so much to get our son to where he is now. Maybe you can try to understand that changing rules at whim is a big deal.

I don't mean this in a malicious way, but your son is a classic candidate for burnout once he gets to college. Sounds like your son has put in a lot of hard WORK and at times considered quitting because it was not FUN. Think about that a bit as a parent. This "long road"?!? He's likely not old enough to drive. A long road is a kid working his own way through college and taking 7 years to balance that out. Your kid plays a CHILD'S sport you are very guilty of taking too seriously for him, and that will have consequences. Last time I checked MLL players make very little and there isn't a rainbow at the end of this money wise. If your kid's memories of lacrosse when he looks back will be no fun and trolling about on the Jersey Pike, as a parent I feel bad for him. There is no excuse for not making and keeping a sport fun for a kid in his teens.