I think the crease or pop out before box are the best suggestions as well. It is a good place to start, and preserves the skill element. It may be enough. Small steps are always better than large. I am still shocked at how much hate and jealousy there is toward the FOGO. Fact is it is a real position that is here to stay. Forcing de-evolution is not what is needed. Tweaking some aspects is ok, and those who excel at the position at the D1 and pro level need to be involved in those conversations. And as for pinch and pop, my son is a successful face off man. He wins less than 50% with pinch and pop. That is also what I observe with other elite kids. That percentage is even less in college. It is a great move that is difficult to execute corrctly. It needs to be an option. A good face off man wins in many different ways, and that should be one. And for those saying that face off kids can't play, no fogo will last past the pinch and pop if they can't "play". They will be stripped of the ball by the wings if they don't have great stick skills and speed, have seen it to s of times. Kids that can win the clamp, but can't hold on to the ball.