Originally Posted by Anonymous

The issue is using the stick in a manner that gives a player an unfair advantage. Widen the head of the stick by a quarter inch at the mouth, and regulate stringing and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

THIS ^ is the point. Calls in the hockey stick curvature rule, "Stickum" on wide receivers gloves, plaster in boxing gloves,PED's, corked bats etc.

FOGO if it is kept as is; needs to be regulated with respect to uniformity of head width; ball retention with inversion of stick head, thickness of stringing used to narrow head width and possible other factors.

A stick check before, during and after games with a stamp or seal of the official's approval of the above parameters would satisfy me.

Then go ahead and attempt your pinch and pop all day. The best FO guy will win based on ability, and not equipment modification which we all know to be the case. If you try to state otherwise; you are lying to yourself and us.

Please, my kid plays pinch and pop with off the shelf head from lax unlimited, strung by them. No secret formula, no special sauce...You think the 10-15 year olds are modifying heads? Not that I have seen.

So, I am fine with your stick uniformity proposal/regulation. If it makes the small percentage of naysayers go worry about something else, I am all for it.

Be proud your son is an exceptional athlete:). I mean FOGO . athlete might be a strong word for most of them. Hey at least he's not throwing the ball against the wall. Just work on his 20 yard sprint off the field. Relax just having fun with you and trying to make a point that your arguments to not change the rules are pretty lame.