I really wish people would think a little bit before they post. The best FO men in D-1 have been consistently at 70% for the last 20 years.

The attempt by people to say the pinch and pop has increased wins is patently false. So your 10-8 example does not change the possession outcome whether there is pinch and pop or there isn't pinch and pop. that is why changing the rule makes absolutely no sense. All you gain by the rule change is more collisions at the x, the best D-! guys will still gain possession 70 % of the time.

Remember, you are watching kids play, and clearly the advantage on that level is greater. My son is winning 90% of the time. And half of that is backwards between his legs to the wing. He will still win with the rule change because the other kids just aren't as strong and fast. The only difference to me--honestly--is the extra scholarship $ he can get if he scores three goals a game on a fast break.

High School rules are n ot changing so they will pinch and pop next year, we are only talking about d-1...

The only way your example makes sense is if the proposal was to eliminate the FO all together. Recall, they tried that and it hurt the game so they brought it back.

Wake up people!