I am the FOGO dad from the above post. Thank you for the thoughtful comments in response, all good points.

One further note that I am not sure many people know. For D-1, the best FO percentage in the country in 2014 was 68%, the tenth best was 58%, the 42 best was 50%.

So while people may want parity as a result of the new proposed rules, I would venture to guess that the best kid in the country will still be around 70% next year. So the rules won't likely accomplish parity.

It means that the issue really comes down to the back of the stick vs scrums and injury.

That said, I know that through HS, the disparity in winning %s is far greater. The kid that wrote the petition (nice kid by the way) wins all the time. My kid (different age) wins all the time. As a result, the audience here which is most likely the parents of kids between 3rd grade and 12th grade, see it from a much different perspective and I understand that also. It must be hard to be losing a big HS game because the opposing FOGO never losses.

But in college D-1 lax, there is pretty good parity now and the truth is that if they left it alone as more pinch and pop kids get to that level, the playing field is level.

We should also note, the HS rules haven't changed, even if the NCAA adopts the HS will not, at least for this year. SO those kids will still be pinching and popping for the next HS season. As most tournaments we attended this summer play HS rules, I suspect we will see it all of next summer without regard to NCAA rules.