I posted earlier that I don't think that carrying the ball on the back of the stick is playing lacrosse, and face off rules hurt non-lacrosse player FOGOs. In the youth game learn to play in addition to learning to face off. 5,000 signatures sounds good, but with over a million kids playing lacrosse and about 800,000 registered with US Lacrosse, I am not so confident that voice is loud enough. I think that if FOGOs can propose a rule rather than oppose this, it would be better embraced than a petition with 5,000 signatures. I do think it is an excellent point by the poster to note increased head or other injury in scrums as a consequence of this rule change. That WILL BE HEARD. It is your job now as FOGOs to propose an amended rule set for restraints on carrying the ball backwards, release rules, etc. The people who do lacrosse rules are not too with it - think invisible shot clocks - and can use some constructive help. If it is emphasized as a safety issue, the arguments are more powerful. That's my two cents as a non-FOGO Dad. Good luck!