Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is not a FOGO, and I am not a former lacrosse player parent. This is a rule change that affects face off guys who can't play lacrosse. That said, I do have empathy for this rule affecting kids who developed these skills. It is not some HS kid's fault that lacrosse decided to be different from nearly every other court or field sport where there is a change of possession after a score.

Ruins lives? Come on. It is just a kid's game. Nobody got cancer or died over this. And like Beast wrote, this rule affects everyone equally. The kids who are tough and adapt to technical changes the best will remain the best at the position.

I do respect what you're saying, but the pinch and pop takes thousands of hours to master, that is for those who have the wrist speed to begin with. That is on top of regular lax training. Some of these kids are Jrs and seniors who are committed to colleges and excited to demonstrate the sills they worked so hard at. I just think it's too drastic. They could start with a 3 second pop-out and see how that works first. A phase out would make more sense. And what about HS? When would those rules change? Just weird that colleges will be facing off one way while the HS game remains a pinch and pop world! I hope to god this does not pass, I know the colleges with strong F/O recruits can not want this. And for all you loudmouth bullies, why don't you think about the kids? I suspect many of the people coming on this forum don't even really care that much and are just jealous of the success and recognition that good F/O players take away from their son. I know I would not be commenting here if my son did not take F/Os. Try being constructive, not negative/attacking in your comments for the benefit of the game ALL OUR KIDS LOVE!