Love the BOTC and most discussions, but I am tiring of these dubious arguments supported by misleading stats. There are 3 strong clubs in DC area: Madlax, VLC and Blackwolf. Madlax is the best top to bottom. Period.
Real Madlax youth stats: 23-10 at all AA levels in Spring NPYLL. That's a 70% win percentage BTW (23/33=.6969). Then dig a little deeper--U15AAA at 7-2 and U13AAA at 8-1. Losses to Crabs and Hawks, Baltimore and Annapolis teams respectively. Pretty good by my standards, and best teams at this critical age in Washington DC. To be fair, Crabs are still better top to bottom, but gap is closing. As a Baltimore club, Crabs are not a real option for us DC parents. Hawks (Annapolis) were awesome this past year, particularly at youth, but again too far for most DCers.

The Madlax U15 team won Dicks national title at Christmas (U13 then) and the current Madlax U13 team won the World Championship in Denver this July. Look it up, and confirm. The U13 team won 4 out of 5 tournaments this summer, losing in finals at Young Gunz to a loaded Dukes team. This team has lost only 2 games since it was formed in Fall of 2013 and is clearly one of the best, if not #1 U13 team in country (sorry LI). Won Next Level Fall League, all 3 Fall Tournaments, 2nd in Spring League after losing to Crabs in final by a goal. 2-1 v. the Crabs too, after beating them in fall NPYLL championship and in Young Gunz this Summer. There isn't a youth team in DC that can compete with these teams. In fact, VLC enters its U13 in B brackets to avoid Madlax, haters check Fall NPYLL and Summer Greene Turtle before responding. As you may know, Blackwolf doesn’t do youth, VLC only u11, and Madlax .500 at U9 and U11, although the Madlax U11’s had a great summer.
Madlax will continue to be stronger at 2018, as rising Freshmen will be the U15 AAA moving up -- including first 2018 commit to John Hopkins. Go watch them play – a very skilled and entertaining group. VLC not is same zip code and Blackwolf is in formation.
U15AAA will be best team in youth lacrosse in Washington DC, as it will be rising U13’s. Players are getting tremendous national exposure. Google them if you doubt me. VLC will continue to avoid this team.
Madlax is also very strong at 2017, as is VLC to be fair. Madlax stronger at 2016, VLC at 2015. Blackwolf is a ?? at these levels for me, although awesome reputation. As VLC’s really strong senior team dwindles, it will be left with 1 good team, at 2017. Further, this VLC team is loaded with Madlax defectors. Despite repeated efforts by coaches, VLC has been unsuccessful at recruiting Madlax players at other levels.
While change is constant, Madlax has consistently been the top program in the Washington DC area.