Originally Posted by Anonymous
My team has also played the Looneys and the were classy and skilled. Crush...."don't hate me because I'm beautiful" Everyone loves to talk about them, but they really just are an extremely elite team that most of us would love to have our kids on if we had the chance. I think all you people need to focus on your own kids and their growth in the sport. Do what works, find a fit, and stay hungry! My two cents!

Nothing to do with it. Crush is a fantastic team and does not have to behave the way they do. Running up scores, verbally harassment and doing trick shots when you are up by 10plus is unsportsmanslike. Parents behaving like lunatics is just wrong. RM and SM winding up the Looneys boys so they go out and hit like crazy is not classy. Their onfield language is ridiculous.

I have to disagree. My son plays 2021 and has played all of the top teams in that year. In the heat of the game I have heard the most mild mannered and respectable kids get involved in the trash talking, my son included. If you think that your kid doesn't get competitive and in the heat of the moment when hey are playing then your ignorant. It also does not mean they are bad kids on and off the field. Sit by the sidelines at a high school game and listen to these kids. Trash talking is part of the game in any sport. And as for pumping up the kids, what are the coaches supposed to do? That's their job. Kids wanna win and go balls to the wall throughout the game, sounds to me like you expect these boys to stop playing their hearts out and it's not fair to them. They're supposed to stop playing hard because their winning? What does that teach them? You also can't fault them when they play in a 2020 division in a tournament because they are a 2020 team. But I guess that's what happened when you're on the top, they do the same thing to igloo in our forum

I agree- I do not see it as bad sportsmanship by having the kids play the game. I have had kids on both sides of the game and it was more embarrassing for the kids to watch the better team pass the ball around them, rather than for the kids to play the game. Let the kids play, teach them that it will not always be close and work hard to improve and get better. A much better lesson than having them be humiliated as a team plays keep away with the ball. Unfortunately, I think the better teams are starting to play keep away with the ball because of the parents screaming about bad sportsmanship. A game is a game- play it with heart all the way through.

Trash talk- happens in all sports- even among the most mild mannered kids. I think calling out that makes parents sound like they are picking on kids for the sake of having nothing else to say. Mic your team up and see what you hear... they all do it.

Making excuses for bad behavior is epidemic in sports. Low expectations breed low behavior. Adults explaining away bad behavior and tolerating it, is exactly why they continue to behave this way and it is escalating.