Originally Posted by Anonymous
A+ in everything!! Wow you must be proud he did so well in 6th grade. Let me say that again...6th grade. Hate to say it but middle school and highschool is a whole new ball game academic wise. Let the kid be a kid. You sound ridiculous talking about these kind of things.

Give it a break- not too many kids are A+ students and athletes at a high level- even in 6th grade. Many MS kids are already accelerated and are taking 7th grade classes so that they can take regents in 8th grade. This dad should be proud. Obviously his kid has smarts and good work habits which is more than half the battle...and I am not the kid' s dad or his wife!

Be proud dad/mom. You need to lay the foundation and it seems you have.

Many of the student athletes these days especially in lacrosse are those students with the higher marks. There is a thread stating there are a few towns which 2019 kids have already taken their first regents; some in both Math and Science. That means they will have fulfilled their NYS regents requirement by the end of Freshman year (if that means anything by then).

Think of it this way, Colleges will have a great resume to look at coming out of freshman year; the same resume as some Jr's. It is apparent that athletics isn't the only thing getting accelerated in some houses. Sorry your not in the know.

I guess the best lacrosse players are also the smartest in their class and the not so smart ones play football:)