Originally Posted by Anonymous
You need better than average grades for those schools. Don't forget SATs. I have seen great/top players over the years with average SATs and better then average grades not get into top or even lower level schools. The grades dictate what school you go to. Lax may bump you a little like a B- average MAY get you into a B AVERAGE school but it won't get you into a B+ school.Remember lacrosse is not a money maker for schools. Even Hofstra wants better than average grades for a great lax player. WAKE UP PARENTS.
I'm Laughing! All of this banter is reminiscent of the comments made about the Turtles over the past few years. They're older, they're this, they're that.....blah, blah, blah.

Now 12 of them are committed to top schools. We will be saying the same for Crush in a couple years. Keep complaining, its entertaining! And PS: Coaches DO NOT CARE how old the kid is!!
You must be one of the Crush parents hoping to have their son commit to a college.

Hoping?

Yes, hoping. Better get some good grades and SAT scores to go with those stick skills.

They can get into Cuse, Hopkins or Maryland with average grades if they are top players. Just won't be able to look at Duke, UVA or the IVYs as options.

My son has the lax skills and grades (A+ in everything) to get into any school of his choice at this point. All he needs to do is maintain. As long as this is what he wants, and you can not "force" my son to do something he does not want to. We will be there with all the support he needs. We will make the sacrifices needed for his success. I am fully aware that there are no guarantees, and that things can change. Right now, the sky's the limit!