Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm Laughing! All of this banter is reminiscent of the comments made about the Turtles over the past few years. They're older, they're this, they're that.....blah, blah, blah.

Now 12 of them are committed to top schools. We will be saying the same for Crush in a couple years. Keep complaining, its entertaining! And PS: Coaches DO NOT CARE how old the kid is!!
You must be one of the Crush parents hoping to have their son commit to a college.

Hoping?

Yes, hoping. Better get some good grades and SAT scores to go with those stick skills.

They can get into Cuse, Hopkins or Maryland with average grades if they are top players. Just won't be able to look at Duke, UVA or the IVYs as options.

You are not serious, please tell me you have told your kid that it is OK to not do well in school, because you are a "stud" lacrosse player. Holy cow, are you in for a ride awakening when your boy perfects the saying "do you want fries with that". But hey, when I was little you should have seen how awesome my team was!! LOL you guys are hysterical

No one is advocating for their kid not to focus on grades, but in all honesty- just like not every kid is an athlete- not every kid is a student either. Over my years in teaching, I have seen students become successful because they were smart, or athletic, or musically gifted or a superb artist. It is a rare student that has it all, but those are the ones that the Ivy schools want- the ones that have it all. There is a school for everyone and no one should put down any school and again, no one is advocating for your kid not to try in school. I do think if parents put a quarter of the money and time into tutoring as they do into training their kids, our kids would be doing a whole lot better on their finals and regents - just an observation. GL to all the kids as they go through their MS years, - because many will be taking regents before they even graduate MS and it could impact their future. These are the years to get serious and put some extra time into studies- especially with all the early recruiting.