Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Unfortunately that is how the girls lacrosse recruiting process takes place through the summer tournaments and getting the nod from BS & CR carries a lot of weight and your kidding yourself if you don't think so. When CR & BS call ahead to a college coach who runs a camp that kid gets a better look than the kid who does not get the nod. We all watched a lot of great 10th graders and some very good 9th graders play Varisty in 2014 & they carried their own weight and made an impact. A good coach knows who to bring up and play. Don't forget some of these kids actually deserve it.

They do, you are right. And FWIW, I have never heard a travel coach tell a kid, in any sport, that he/she should be brought up. Does that really happen? IME, travel coaches and school coaches are generally in a pissing match about who "owns" the talent during season, I don't see a lot of cooperation there (again, across sports, not just lax).

GREAT POINT on the coaches in a pissing match, we had a few of our YJ's miss practice to go to go to some travel things and colleges during the season when everyone else worked around the school schedule. Drove the HS coach crazy. Travel is all about me me me, school teams is supposed to be all about team.