Originally Posted by Bbddll
I have at least 2 years before we need to get serious. This will be our first child entering college.
I have read all the related posts on this forum, listened to friends who have older kids going through the process now and spoken to other friends who currently have kids playing for D1 and D2 teams.
I am attempting to educate myself on this complex topic, now and then continue to learn as we go.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what publications/books/etc can I read now on this topic.
Thank you for your time.
One of the very best resources to use at the start of your journey will be the NCAA College-Bound Student Athlete Guide. This useful 24-page document will introduce you to the topics of eligibility, regulations per NCAA Division on coaching contact, course cores and grades/board scores, and a host of other topics.

NCAA College-Bound Student Athlete Guide

Please feel free to ask any questions you have about lacrosse recruitment and the NCAA process you might have after reading through these guidelines.

One of the first proactive steps that you can take along with your child is the development of a lacrosse profile which emphasizes academics, awards, clubs/activities, voluteerism, jobs, athletics, and personal contact information. Organizing this information will help you take your first step on the college preparation track.