Originally Posted by Anonymous
You can say this after every tryout!!
Good Luck Long Island!!
If I am correct we heard the same thing after the School Girls tryouts and that worked out fine!!

It's simple. Head coach of UA, Carol Rose (Yellow Jacket owner)
Assistant coach of UA, Tracy Weiner (Yellow Jacket)
New addition, coach of UA (St Anthony's and now YJ)
Even the Carol supporters will have to see how ridiculous and unbalanced this is. It's supposed to be about the kids but it never has been. Instead of praising Carol, you all may want to see how many kids spirits she has squashed over the years. For those who recite her players accomplishments please remember it's the players accomplishments not Carol Roses. She was also the only game in town for a long time and now that there is competition she needs to fix rosters and manipulate awards to achieve the perceived success she is accustomed to. I for one feel sorry for her for being so shallow and I feel sorry for the ones who refuse to see through the facade. Carol and Tracy, you no longer get a pass for your roster fixing and your lying and your amazing lack of INTEGRITY. Hurting kids by lying and conspiring to advance your favorites disrespects most of the others in your club that are passed over.

Re: School Girls, four Girls from Team 1 didn't make UA and six Girls from Team 2 did.. Did school Girls get it wrong or does CR have more pull at UA

It's really not simple at all if you look at the 4 kids who are not on the roster and the fact that there were only 20 spots on school girls team 1. One Very good Liberty kid did not try out for UA (was a no brainer who would have made it). Another YJ who was on the UA team last year, broke her hand (she was a no brainer). So you had 2 sophomores who are very good players(not no brainers) who didn't make the team. I think the question really is about which team 2 kids they picked. It was puzzling that some very good YJ 2015's got passed over.
As far as the YJ bias, The school girls tryout had 3 YJ evaluators and 8 non-YJ evaluators (seemed pretty fair), with Top Gun, Liberty and 91/Allstars among others represented as well. So if 16 kids were picked who were on the school girls team 1 and 6 kids from team 2, then you really can't argue with the majority of the selections. Maybe from who tried out (many very good players didn't) the best players were mostly YJ?
Like you said for a long time YJ was clearly the place where the best players played! I think the current pool of players for this tryout is on the tail end of that and in the future you will see more diversity in the selection, because it will warrant it. For now, who is that non YJ player that was clearly overlooked? I just don't see it.