Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some of the All American selections this year? Wont name names but we all know. 29 goals? Ridiculous. Carol Rose as the former chair of the US Lacrosse All American Selection Committee possibly affecting that selection? Among others? What's going on here for all these years is disgusting. It's time for a change. Email US Lacrosse acarpenetti@uslacrosse.org and tell them. Email LIMLF at ajrit5@aol.com and tell them that your sick and tired of the coercion and political favoritism taking place on LI.

Did someone's daughter not get all American and now daddy's panties are in a bunch!!!

No not at all. The kids who don't deserve it but get it anyway pisses me and a lot of others off. It's obvious and finally going to end.

You still didn't explain how a kid with 29G 10A wins All American over the Bellport kid with 77 goals and 20 assists? Bell port kid plus SC Allstars not YJ. I'm waiting for the explanation.

Is this serious, no offense but not even sure which Bellport kid you are talking about and if you are going to use stats to pick AA then the kid you are talking about is down on the list behind many YJ kids that did not get AA. While I agree many more deserving kids than who you are talking about but I do not see you complaining about the non YJ kid whos numbers are not very good either.

Honestly you people are clueless. Stats? points? really? That's what you think makes you worthy of AA? Let me get this straight. If you are a great Player on a great team who plays the best competition and you run the score up, you and your team are lambasted for poor sportsmanship, But you will have great stats. If the coach doesn't run up the score and takes said great player out or makes sure everyone gets a chance to score, the great player isn't worthy because she doesn't have great stats. The kid on a below average team, who plays poor competition(i.e. Bellport) is able to rack up the points against one of the weakest schedules in the division is more worthy? Look at the kids who made AA, their best games weren't against weak competition. In addition the better teams usually have more players who can score therefore even the best player won't get all that many scoring opportunities. None of this even takes into account the defensive side of the ball, which btw is REALLY important! Nice try though!!!!

come on man .....any girl on belport should have to score 1000 goals to make AA with the schedule they play..... they play nobody.. and if she is that good , how come they havent made the playoffs her entire career

Bellport girl getting AA is more of a joke then this board sometimes!! Sorry!!