Originally Posted by Anonymous
West Islip lost

Good!

My daughter is not yet in HS but I find it sad that we can't be happy for the winners, or give the respect to the teams that make it to the championships. obviously it cant be everyone. Get over yourself and be happy for those who make it this far. One day it might be your daughter. We can blame refs,etc. but all the girls are working hard to achieve their dreams. Do you have any idea how hard it is to lose in a championship game. And you say "good"? Shame on you!...Smithtown parent, and GREAT JOB WI great having you represent LI

I'll say it again - good! Like to see other teams win, especially after all the winning WI has done over the years, especially on the boys side. Like to see things mixed up and other towns winning. Also quiets down the cocky WI people I know, so I guess it's personal!

Karma will come back to you my friend.
For your information the W I Girls Varsity untill this year has never won a Suffolk County Championship. Please don't project your hatred of the WI Boys onto the Girls Program.

I know they haven't won anything yet, but can't help the boys side spilling over, and making me happy someone else won! Don't take it personally!