Originally Posted by Anonymous
Players are going to play however they want to try an be successful. everyone does its part of life. theyre going to do what ever they want so why are you still picking on the best players on long island. theyre way better than your daughter MTt. Sinai might play dirty but so does bayport so does shoreham so does any other team. its part of the game. if you dont like it go tell your therapist and stop picking on some the best players in the country.
This quote is a stunning example of the culture in Mt. Sinai. It's one thing for a girl to maybe sneak a step after the whistle, It's another when they are taught to do it as policy for a program. That goal that was shown on M.S.G. is a perfect example of Mt. Sinai lacrosse, she knew her stick was illegal and didn't even celebrate with her team after an important goal, she immediately turned her back to the ref and started to tighten the strings while walking up field. The stick was so bad that she walked from the goal to mid field, all the way, fixing her stick. thats cheap and dirty just like Al. My daughter, just like everyone else, plays with and against some of the best athletes in the game, and no team, not North Port, Manhasset, Garden City, St Anthony's, no team is as blatantly dirty, and taught to "bend the rules as Mt Sinai". Al bar alone is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to lead girls with such talent.

This post is ridiculous. I am a Shoreham parent who has no love lost for Mt Sinai. Our rivalry is heated and very competitive. With that said I know many of the parents and players and they are great people. Speaking of their coach Al. He is loud and often times may rub some the wrong way BUT he prepares his team well and puts so much time and effort into the kids that it is commendable. I think his players are aggressive and tough. I do not think they are dirty. We have been accused of the same tactics and our teams are not dirty. The accusations come when a program wins.
Manhasset , Garden City and St. Anthony's win without that reputation. It does not surprise me that S.W.R. parents run to the defense of Mt. Sinai, Birds of a feather as they say. If you mean Loud Al prepares his kids by telling them to bend the rules until your caught than I agree. there is a slim line between aggressive play and cheating as policy, and Loud Al doesn't just cross it he tries to erase it. But like I said before, his dirty tricks bit him n the but this time.

Seems like a personal vendetta between this poster and the coach. Have some guts and talk to him. Face to face. Doubt you will though. BTW, St Anthonys is a political [lacrosse] show with a$$ kissing parents running the show. Yeah that's a great place to be. Lol. That a$$ kissing extends to travel as well. Just go to the UA try outs. It's comical.