Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am writing about a post that implies any girl can pick up a stick and play while in HS.

As you note, there was a player on the field Friday evening which was fortunate to play Lax at a high level (@ a LI HS and College NW) who had not played much in her youth/HS years.

As this is possible, it is far and in-between. Those players are the ones that are just as fortunate in other sports as well. Those are the ones that the Lax coaches had wanted to play all those years. You know that travel Soccer/Volleyball Basketball player that plays Softball in the spring.

The player example you site is/was an exceptional athlete and was one of the kids that could pick up anything and succeed. Please make sure you footnote this before you give every crazy parent a cutout to give their child.

An average/good athlete is at a distinct disadvantage if they had not played lacrosse (or any sport) prior to HS. In many cases that is the difference of the D1 and DIII. Call it Lax iQ call it what ever.

I want each child to strive to be the best, I want each child to know if they work hard good things happen, but I also want the players to know there are those who have been borne with talent and there is nothing you can say or do that will help you compare anything to those players.

Like in Hoops, not everyone can be like Mike (or Lebron Kobie).

this needs some serious editing to make any sense at all