Smith W
Sach E
Bayshore
W Bab
W Melv
Smith E
Sach N
Longwood

Sach E, Bayshore, w bab, w melv could change....

Even west islip would tell you that refs did such a [lacrosse]-poor job of officiating that MC got screwed a lot. Probably caused them an extra 3-4 goals. Taking nothing away from WI They are very good but refs definitely factored in an advantage tonight. Non-calls especially. Not an excuse - just be fair refs!

Its funny how parents blame refs for losses in girls lax. Thats because 90% of parents do not know the rules for girls lax. If parents read the rule book they might get a better understanding of the game. Parents dont feel bad, Many coaches don't know the rules either. The rules in girls lax are very difficult for you to grasp, its not like any other sport. Its not black and white.

Parents blame the refs in ALL sports, with both genders. Sometimes there is some merit there, I have certainly seen games where the reffing seemed biased. Life isn't fair, and I always figured that in the grand scheme of things sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't.

Officiating is scrutinized by fans and coaches at all levels, even professional levels. Blaming refs is fundamental to all sports--and what makes sports great. Do you really want to go to the replay on every play?

Someone also mentioned elsewhere in this thread parents do not understand girls lacrosse rules that well. This is very true. Some of the comments I hear on the sidelines are ill informed and funny at times. But again, that is what makes sports great!!