Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by WHBlax
My girls have been playing for two years with beginners sticks (now 3rd grade), which are much better than the boys starter sticks I have seen. Some of girls have $100+ sticks. Am I doing them a disservice by having them continue to use starter sticks and not upgrading them to better (i.e. more expansive) sticks ? At this age will it make that much of a difference?

It's not usually the equipment, its the operator but everyone has a custom stick and a $100 pair of colorful cleats with a matching backpack. welcome to LI

I remember my daughter's first custom stick. $120 head, $30 string kit, $20 string fee, custom dye, name and school lettering $40, some crazy shaft, tape, butt etc... Tax $300plus. Now it sits in the bottom of the closet under 4 others just like it. My advice is just make sure your daughters stick has a good set of strings with a proper tied pocket. The really cheap starters can be like tennis rackets, and many of the string jobs from the lacrosse stores are even worse than that.