Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Smithtown West and the Middle County Girls Varsity was the worst officiated game ever. I have seen some bad games before but this takes the cake. It really makes me believe that the Officials wanted Middle County to win at all cost.

I will overlook the fact the calls were one sided and the minor fouls were against Smithtown West, But this takes the cake. One Middle County parent yelled out offside. When I heard that I looked at the West girls and found all 4 girls back from the line than the whistle blew. The Ref stop play and looked at the closest girl to the restraining line and told her she was offside and gave possession to Middle County. When play started again the ball move down field some 40 to 50 yards down field the same Ref stop play and handed out a Red card to a West player some 30 yard behind him for language. Keep in mind the Ref was running with the ball watching play and could not see who said what. Now with that said if the Ref didn’t know who said what? Don’t you think the appropriate response was to hand out a yellow to the coach as a warning? No what the Ref did was target one of West best players for draw control and took her out of the game which gave Middle County a 9 point lead at half. Turns out the west player who got the Red card did not say a thing it was and second west player who admitted she was the one with the language problem and all she said was F*** Me it wasn’t directed to anyone.

I am not condoning bad language it has no place on the field, but it happens! However in this case it was not directed to any officials. A red card was not warranted. Interestedly enough in all three games that Smithtown West was carded we lost and all those games we had the Ref as an official.

So that girl should not have played in today's game correct? After getting a ref card she should not be able to play today correct?

Something to think about??????

Please no distraction to the issue of the officials. This has nothing to do with splitting Middle County.