Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You talk about pathetic jealous parents talking about "innocent kids", the go on to say your "athletes" are not exactly athletes and "train your kids". What about the "innocent kids" who's parents can't afford or have the time to take their kids all the camps, clinics, private lessons, and travel programs. I guess they can't play for their school team either, no one will ever pass them the ball. The days of just trying out for a sport/team she enjoys are over. Lacrosse has turned into a sport for the middle to upper class, where you can buy skill.

I'm calling bs on that comment. My kid is from a middle class family that goes paycheck to paycheck. When she was in 4th grade I took her to the local school 3 days a week and had her play wall ball for 45 min . It was free and has made her into a kid with great stick skills . All for free.

I agree in what your saying however the fact remains true most coaches, especially the ones who coach yello Jackets during the summer and then coach high school teams as well. DO not give their non travel p[layers a second glance or chance. In our district if the YJ girl who is on the blue team screws up the coach doesnt even look to pul;l that kid out, but if the non YJ player or the non blue player screws up she pretty much doesnt see the field at all ever again. I think that high school ADs should start going back to the day where it was a conflict of interest to coach travel over the summer and then your high school team. It is forces people to feel like they need to participate or there kid will be left behind. My daughter chose to work out on her own and sat the bench all four years on her high school varsity team. Even as a committed senior she watched freshman coming and going on the field but never touched it. SHe attended summer camps for the schools she was interested in both academically and athletically and was recruited. SHe currently plays at a middle of the bunch D1 school and is getting more playing time then some of the travel players who spent thousands of dollars getting the same looks. Too much emphasis on the travel programs and the winning at all costs in high school. A girl who loves the sport and is in her junior of college playing and getting a great education at one point almost walked away from the sport becaue a high school coach wouldnt give her the chance.