Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is it when my daughter is asked what colleges she is applying to she smiles and gives you a list but when you ask a travel player (while playing for HS team) they are so secretive? Another reason it hard to root for them. Very sad

Not for nothing but clubs tell the families not to broadcast from where their looks are coming from. Probably to reduce friction.

In my own experience, in another sport, my daughter had a coach coming here to see her play and her "friend" all of a sudden was contacting that coach to see her (the friend) play as well despite having no prior interest in that school. Ie., jumping on our bandwagon because it was convenient (and possibly another direct challenge to my kid, because that was going on as well). I did not appreciate that at all. The other parents even violated NCAA guidelines regarding contact when I was playing by the rules. In the end, neither girl chose that school but the whole experience put a nail in coffin of that friendship. So yeah, since then I've played my cards closer.