Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's be honest Islip coach is not the only one clearly running up stats. Take a look at some of the score of some of the other games. Huntington, BPBP, Mt Sinai, ESM and WestHampton just to name a few double digit wins with large margins almost all season. Watched the ESM vs SWR game yesterday not one player came off the bench for ESM even with a big lead if that's not a stat building move I don't know what is. The game and coaches have changed so much this year it seems to have become all about the stats and percentages vs the development of an entire program for most of these coaches.

In my opinion high school lax is crap and that's why most college coaches don't care about it. You have good players sitting on the bench so favorites can play. Kids who bust their asses day in and out but the coaches are so immature they only care about the stats of their franchise players...especially all these YJ coaches in the high school coaching system. Ruin a kids life, make them miserable but as long as your franchise players are getting there stats who cares. It should go back to the days where a varsity team consisted of mostly Seniors and juniors with an occasional sophmore...that will eliminate a lot of this stuff!!

You people are such a bunch of blind morons. Coaches want to win and will play the kids who give them the best chance at doing so. You are the typical parents that always feel your kid is being unfairly treated when in reality your kid is not that good. If these YJ kids were as bad as you say with better kids sitting on the bench then why do sonny YJ kids get committed to so many good schools and start at sonny top level programs. Stop blaming YJ because your kid cannot catch the ball.

You have no idea what you're talking about, OR maybe you're daughter is one of the girls getting the special treatment. My school doesn't have this problem, but I'm smart enough to understand that it does happen, but not everywhere. Some parents complain, when yes, they're kids might be on the bench because they're not as good. But for you to say that ALL varsity coaches are always putting the best players on the field, shows that you don't know what you're talking about. There are many coaches that definitely have favorites, for various reasons. Each school is different, so you can't generalize, like you just ignorantly did. If anyone's a blind moron here, it's you (not to mention immature, and classless).